For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
pbboi4u01's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 24th, 2018 7:48 AM

Kyocera c6745 GO Phone security error phone flashed with unauthorized software and locked

Hello my phone Kyocera C6745 GO Phone has been unlocked previously to access different carriers. I have been using my phone regularly. Today when I connected to WiFi it said I had a software update. After doing the update and phone rebooted I received following message:        Security Error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that repair/return for this issue may have additional cost. Please help! I have followed all online tutorials for performing a hard reset...to no avail. None of them will bring up the hard reset options. You cannot progress passed this error screen. Each restart brings up the logo and a vibration then directly to the error again. I have removed my Google account and used my Google account to try and reset the phone but it just says searching for my device when in account options on a different device. Help!

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @pbboi4u01,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! It is definitely never a great experience to encounter devices issues. We know how important it is to get this taken care of. I would love to help!

You mentioned this occurred after a software update. In this case, it is definitely a great step to complete a hard reset. I was able to research further into this wiith the details you have provided. Because this error occurred after the update, the best course of action would be to contact the manufacturer directly for a resolution. 

I hope you find this information helpful. Have an amazing rest of your day!

Vanessa, 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a Kyocera phone model number is C6745 and it has security error on it. It reads this phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. I have try to do everything can you help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.