Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
CEG3rd

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

Tue, Jul 21, 2015 4:35 PM

KitKat For ZTE Z998

So, I was shocked find a link to ZTE to get update files for KitKat.  After probably 10 years of GoPhones this is the first time I've seen an OS update for a GoPhone.  Sadly, their site has been down for at least 10 days, so I can't get to the files.  Anybody know of say a Dropbox account where the files can be gotten?  Thanks!

I should have stated the site is not down, but is undergoing updates, blocking access to the product support pages.

Responses

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @CEG3rd

Thank you for your post and letting us know about the error you’re encountering on the ZTE website.

Currently there is not a Dropbox account or anything of the sort where the files can be downloaded.

I would recommend contacting ZTE directly at 877.817.1759 since they are the only ones who currently host the update.

We will also pass along the feedback you gave regarding the errors you received when trying to access the update on ZTE’s website.

Thank you,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
CEG3rd

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your interest.  Unfortunately, I have found ZTE USA support less than stellar.  It was very difficult to convince then that I wasn't supposed to update over my phone, though they kept telling me that.  In the beginning the contact didn't even know the site is undergoing an update that is blocking access to support links.  I have been given several different days the site was to be available and none were accurate.  No one there can tell me when the work will be completed.  Their contact on Twitter even came back indicated the site was normal, but then I never heard back when I pointed out that maybe he should try to open the support page.

They may just be the lamest support group I've had to deal with in a long time.  It's always frustrating when you know more about an issue than the people you trying to get help from.  They have lost a lot of points with me over the past 10 days.

CEG3rd

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

5 years ago

I finally got a response from ZTE-USA Twitter support that acknowledged what I already knew, that the site was being updated and support pages are closed.  The best I got was that they would keep me informed, so it was really not much help.  I first thought I was about to get some real action, but in the end I learned nothing new.

I got tired of fooling with them and bought myself a new phone (another cheap ZTE, silly me) but it comes quad-core, with Android 5.1 out of the box.  One strong selling point was that in the specs it indicates the phone has FOTA for OS updates.  The very first thing the phone did after booting up was to check for a software update, something I've never seen any GoPhone do.  It just might be the phone will reach out and get the next M update when it's out.

Get started...

Ask a new question