Troubleshoot your device issues
seich00's profile

• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 25, 2022 3:19 PM

Is anyone familiar with the AT&T Wireless Home Phone Base?

My grandmother has no internet and is paying a fortune for landline. I know I can get this phone base with a $?/mo. unlimited plan through AT&T. My REAL question is if I could save EVEN MORE by unlocking the device (which shouldn't be hard) and going with a data-only plan from redpocket (?/mo.) If the unit works with data, I don't see why not. But if it goes by cell minutes, then no. I think there's a difference.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

Il y a 2 m

It's both. 

Whether or not it can be used with a different service provider is a question you're going to have to ask them. At&T isn't going to tell you that.

Just for some background information. AT&T has agreed to unlock phones and tablets when it can. They are under no obligation, requirement, or agreement to unlock anything else.

Whether or not these Homebase units can be unlocked I have no idea.

Red pocket uses AT&T for service, it's possible it doesn't need to be unlocked.

However it does not just use data. This is a phone and it use cellular minutes as well as data to provide an internet connection.   

You might get more information if you make yourself an account on Reddit and look for the 'no contract' section with your question. 

Make it clear that you need both home phone and some kind of wireless internet connection. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.