Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 12:07 PM

Intrusive pop-up ads after last system update

Yesterday I recieved notice of a new update and I decided to accept it. Now my phone is going crazy with pop up adds. Not only are they popping up but the phone vibrates like crazy. I tried uninstalling any app that I didn't recognize but that didn't help. Because it all started after this last update I'm hoping someone has a fix because I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

As this issue appeared shortly after an update, it's possible that the Google Play Store setting might have inadvertently been changed and is causing the problem. This can happen when the settings for Google Play Store notifications have accidentally been changed to show notifications for "Deals and Promotions," a setting that's normally off by default, but has somehow been turned on.  Check the the Google Play Store notification settings.  Open the Google Play Store and go to Settings > Notifications > Deals and Promotions and make sure that Deals and Promotions is NOT selected.

If that doesn't turn out to be the issue, then it would have to be a third party app causing the problem.  To get rid of the ads, you will need to find and eliminate the app that's generating the ads. Make a list of the apps you remove so that you can later reinstall the apps that were not responsible for generating the ads.

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Same here.

All of a sudden I am getting pop up ads when trying to make a phone call. It's not from any apps. I don't have any on my phone. I can tell it is AT&T's as it is happening only when I try to use the phone app to make a phone call. Very annoying. AT&T pushing money making schemes without asking for its customer's permission violating their privacy? Wow! can they really do that? Invade and violate your privacy?

My phone is paid off so it is not AT&T's property anymore. I don't want any unsolicited ads getting in my face -- PERIOD!

Here's another scheme they pulled out recently as well. Android has a built in call blocker. If you try to block a caller now, AT&T gives you a screen to pay for their call blocking service. Why? It was built in to Android now they turned it off intentionally so they can pitch their pay service. Also, I signed up for their free tablet promo that came with my Note 8, I never received the tablet. They told me it was out of stock after several weeks following up with them. I finally gave up and never received my free tablet.

I've had it! I'm switching to T-Mobile.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question