For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
volken73's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, September 25th, 2016 4:58 AM

Inconsistencies sending SMS messages (pictures)

Is there something going on with AT&T lately specifically relating to sending messages with pictures in them?  MMS or SMS?  Text only is fine and hardly ever fails, but as soon as we start adding pictures it basically just "churns" and will not send.  Sometimes we get a network error, or message failed after it tries a few times.  Sometime rebooting the phone will work other times not. This is two totally different phones (both android) in our home attached to different numbers so not related to technical issue on one phone.  We called AT&T and got some LAME answer about deleting text messages on the phone to free up space??  Seriously is that the best answer you guys can come up with...as if that will really do anything on a phone that's got 64GB of memory and 45 of that which is not even being used.  But like a good customer we did try it and what do you know....it still didn't work!!  Next answer was do a factory reset....Well I can tell you from someone that is a network engineer by trade and 20+ years working in the tech industry the chances of that actually being the issue is slim to none since the EXACT same issue is happening with both of our phones!

I will say our Service here Sucks and even worse we're right smack dab in the middle of a metropolitan area!  What happened AT&T??????  Seriously...it never used to be like this.  You did give us a Microcell which still does nothing for this picture sending delima and yes I've tried with the microcell On/Off both. 

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this and what the potential fixes are (besides dumping AT&T altogether - which yes would fix it).  My wife and I are pretty fed up with this.

Please help!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I too am experiencing this same issue. I was an iPhone user for a long time and decided to switch and give android a shot. I have had the s7 edge for about 2 weeks and have had problems with the other party never receiving some text messages and I often cannot receive picture messages. Just says failed. And I have done all of the checking and double checking of the settings. This certainly isn't just my phone! So frustrating, especially when simple text messages are not getting received when I send

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am experiencing this same issue but it just started happening today after I was forced to do the update! HELP!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have the Note 7 anf have noticed issues with sending texts and pic...sometime churning for awhile before sending. Just got a scrambled pic from my wife. Mother in law is also reporting issues with pictures this week. Wonder if this is relates to their messaging setting--Advanced Messaging. I will try to turn it off and see if that helps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Turning off Advanced messaging seems to have resolved our issues. It is located un the settings of the Messaging app.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Well at least I know others are seeing the same thing and not just me?!?  Thanks for the replies....I do have advanced messaging turned off and did ever since they forced the update on me.  I don't need it.   I don't know why AT&T feels the need to force these newer options on us (Seperate topic altogether.  Smiley Frustrated  )

Thanks everyone.  Been doing better the last few days so I know something was up on AT&T's part.  Wonder if they resolved a technical issue on their end.

You think we'll all get a discount on our bill for this frustration we have to put up with?  HA...HA...HA.  Robot Mad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.