Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
E

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 7th, 2020 3:59 AM

I think ATT sold me a refurbished phone (Galaxy S10) when I assumed I was buying a new one for 25/month

I bought a new phone (Galaxy S10) from the ATT website. It was an upgrade. I assumed it was brand new but maybe I misunderstood. I'm paying $25/month for it so I assume it should be brand new? I suspect it's refurbished because upon activating it, it had APPS! Silly apps; like hatch an egg app, a Game of Thrones app, a card game, a slots game, some sport app, and Candy Crush. Is this normal or okay? Not to mention, the phone is strangely "warm", like something is wrong with the battery, and the battery life is dwindling fast from 100% an hour ago, but that could just be because I'm transferring data and setting it up (no, I did not have any of those listed apps above on my old phone). So, my question is, I suppose, would ATT sell a refurbished phone without telling the buyer, and if it is refurbished and something IS wrong with the battery, what do I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

Those came with those games.  Yeah stupid I know.  And Samsung did include film screen protectors on those phones.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Just found out: It has a screen protector on it. And not a very good aligned one. What the heck ATT??? 25/month for refurbished???

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you that really put my mind at ease!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.