What is happening with 3G?
fast55's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, May 14, 2017 12:23 PM

HTC20 Equivalent Phone

I am ready for a new phone and am very disappointed that ATT doesn't sell the HTC 10. It is way to expensive to purchase it elsewhere so I need to find one that I can get through ATT. Is there anyone out there that can give some advise on an equivalent phone. I want something with high performance (top of the line for 2017 would perfect) and a simple sleak/professional software design. I am not an Apple fan (Android all the way). I also don't like the Samsung Galaxy line. Just not a fan of the Android software version on those phones. The Galaxy line performs very well, but the software on the HTC line has a more simple/professional design to it.
I am very grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you!

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

The HTC 10 is available unlocked, no carrier bloat and direct from HTC with their own payment plan without interest charges.  (See PayPal credit box). Current price is $599.  It's been on sale for as low as $450 and is likely to drop price again.  

http://www.htc.com/us/go/buy-htc-10/#!carrier=unlocked&color=gray

The HTC 10 is a close second to the Samsung galaxy S7, very close.   The update to Android N hasn't been kind to the GS7.   Works fine, I just don't like it.  I went back to my Pixel after one day.

I really think you should look at the Pixel.  Unlike Samsung and HTC, it's pure android.  

It works.  

In every way other androids have failed, it WORKS.  Ok google is hands free all the time.  

Google is selling it with interest free installments from the google store.  Cases and screen protectors from Amazon.  I may not be in love with the looks, but even my girly aesthetic got over it because the phone is so much easier to use than the GS7.  

You should be able to see and play with one in Verizon stores or Best Buy.  Purchase direct from Google online.   Great support.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5 y ago

S8+ is at the top of the pile right now and the phone JUST WORKs. The software is 10xs better than just a year ago. I used a pixel XL since release great phone but over priced. The other phone that you could look at is the 1+3 it has a sd825 and 6 gigs of RAM for under 500 bucks. The LG G6 is a nice phone but it lags like no there phone I have used.

Saying sense is better than TouchWiz or any launcher is subjective as I never keep any of them on my phone. Nova launcher all the way. You can get a sense theme for a s8 on Nova launcher.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5 y ago

Here is my s8+ home screen...  Looks and acts like stock Android.

Screenshot_20170514-083445.png

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

Since you bring it up...   @GLIMMERMAN76.  the GS8 gives me pause because of the curved screen.  Comments have included concern over it being fragile and high cost if it breaks, and not being able to touch the phone without effecting the screen content.  Not being able to protect the phone well with a case and screen protector (that would drive me crazy....I always cover my devices).   

Its certainly the antithesis bezel-wise of the pixel.  It's also a beautiful phone, like the GS7.  

The pixel is over priced.  But I wouldn't trade pure android for Samsung's lousy version of it.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5 y ago

@lizdance40

People worried about it breaking crack me up every phon can break and the repair scores stink on all the new phones. I have a screen protector and OtterBox on my s8+ and the wifes s8. Easy peasy. Look up the pixel it has its own set of breaking problems.

As for Android on this s8+ as you can see from my screenshot my phone looks and acts like a pixel with a few features that actually work like the edge panel. It really does make looking at meetings easy or the weather.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

How is okay google from lock screen?  One of the reasons I'm back on the Pixel, is no other phone can wake from locked and perform activities, like sending text.   

Google forum has been littered for a couple years with this complaint.  The Nexus devices seem to get it right.  The Pixel does it right.  But Moto and Samsung have insisted on using their own wake/unlock command

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5 y ago

@lizdance40
From the lock screen yes. From screen off no. I use Android auto in my car so text are read to us.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  Deal breaker.   I am often using voice only, and not driving.  I walk dogs daily.   

My phone is usually in my bag or a pocket.  My hands are often covered with drool and fur.  

I sometimes ziploc bag it.  

I rely on hands free.  Adding appointments, texting a client, etc.   

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5 y ago

That's what a head set is for.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

Not compatible with walking or training. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5 y ago

Don't you have a zen watch 2? Trying using voice commands with that. My LG sport works great with it. I text from it at work

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

I do, and it's pared.  And it's quite a magnet for puppy mouths.  I don't even wear rings or a watch.

No sweaters either....

These 3 are on my daily walk schedule 5 , 6 and 2.5 months of dopey 

D577FD0C-697F-4828-B0E6-1D00AEC9E91E.JPG5C04D90C-95DF-4722-ABC9-5652810371B2.JPGD1749781-ECD0-4292-BC93-8BA8F186C9AD.JPG

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I will definitely look into the HTC payment plan as well as the Pixel. I live in a very remote town, but will be in a normal town in a couple days and will see if I can find both phones to test out.

Thank you

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

@fast55   Cool.  Let us know what works for you.  not going to be an easy choice.  

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.