The Samsung Galaxy S24
jdavis88's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Sunday, April 14th, 2013 1:43 AM

HTC One X + update

I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

PhoneWizard, any progress?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

HTC's Escalation Team knows about the problem and is attempting to reproduce it on their end. I've sent along ygary's logs. They say that if they can fix it, it'll probably be a patch that's pushed out -- and that's exactly what we want, so hey.

There's been no progress made on the confidential good news, so much for that exciting post... Smiley Frustrated

I'm confident that we should be getting this resolved soon. HTC may be quickly end-of-lifing the One X+, but they've still got an obligation to fix the ones that are already out there!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Can hard reset solve this problem?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you, PhoneWizard!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I hard-reset my phone.  It is not encrypted yet. I've installed some apps. The problem is gone. Google Search, Netflix and etc start running. 

I'm going to charge my phone and encrypt it later today. Hope the issue will not come back. I will post update here

UPDATE: After encryption, the problem happens again. Obviously encryption is the cause.

In my case, Google Search is fine. Netflix and other Apps are having the problem after encryption.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

ygary, it is correct that it's only when the device is encrypted that the problems with 1.19 update become apparent.

If there's a reason you need your device encrypted (corporate email), perhaps you could speak with your IT staff about an alternative? For example, your company might provide licenses for TouchDown for Smartphones or another such Exchange app.

If you have your device encrypted for another reason, or your company does not provide alternate solutions for mobile email, then I'm afraid the only solution is to sit and wait.

Between this, the persistent SIM card issues, and the occasional complete device shutoff that requires a hard reset, I'm beginning to become just a bit disillusioned with this phone... Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Apparently we are forgottenSmiley Mad

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

We're never getting a resolution to this, unfortunately. The One X+ is no longer available for purchase, so I assume we won't get any fixes.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/one-xplus-carbon-black.html

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Why? There are many iPhone models out there that have been end-of-lifed, and yet still receive updates. Seems like poor customer service to me. They should at least provide a way to roll back to an earlier version of the firmware.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I said to update but I don't think it installed. Every time I connect to a wifi network it says software update and doesn't give me anything to press like ok or update. Anyone can help please?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.