The Samsung Galaxy S24
sjuelmn's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, September 28th, 2014 7:09 AM

HTC One M7 will not turn on.,.

I have tried soooo many methods posted around the net using every combination of buttons, using the light options, freezer etc!

I know I have had this phone for over a year but not more than 2 years. The battery was not even near dead when I opened a flashlight app earlier ( I know it was fully charged just a couple hours prior) my phone shut off and just will not come back on. Never ever rooted this phone as I do not even know how, are there any options for me? I hate to just be out of this phone!

Thanks!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I should have mentioned I did receive the lastest update just last week too! Never had this issue before.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

So here's what I would do

You can't remove the battery on the htc one, so we'll skip that attempt and move on to recovery.

- plug it in to a charger. Give it an hour on charger. Does it feel warm? That indicates it may actually be charging, which is a good thing

- hard reboot (which isn't a hard reset - you won't loose data)

Press and hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons for at least 10 seconds. HTC One then restarts.

If that doesn't work, you can try booting into recovery:

1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.

If it gives you a menu here, that's good - just select the reboot option, not the FACTORY RESET option.

If that key combo doesn't work, try

1. press and hold volume down and home buttons together.
  2. Keep pressing the mentioned keys for at least 10 seconds, or if the screen comes on hold them until it turns off.
  3. At that point release only the power button but keep pressing the volume down key.
  4. Fastboot mode will be then displayed, so you can also release the volume down button.
  5. In fastboot mode use volume down / up buttons in order to scroll up or down towards the menu.
  6. You can go back to Android OS by choosing “reboot system now”

If none of those work, your phone has had a major hardware failure.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I have tried all these steps and more with no luck. I
looked more into it but I don't think I had this phone for a full year! I
will bring it in to see if anyone can assist and give me my options.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

@sjuelmn wrote:

Yep, that's the next step if you've tried all the "last resort" recoveries. Those long-press reboot options are dealing with the phone hardware/firmware - if none of them work the phone is having major hardware problems. Good luck!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@sjuelmn wrote:

Try charging the phone overnight, then try holding the power button again, and the other suggested button combos.  Try the button combos with and without a charger attached.  I've seen some random things bring HTC devices back to life.

If nothing works, and the phone is less than a year old, you should be eligible for a warranty replacement.  But you need to do this by mail unless a Device Support Center happens to be located nearby.  An AT&T store will not handle warranty exchanges after 14 days of purchase (exchange for a new phone if less than 14 days old).

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

If there is a device support center near you. Make sure to call and see if they have your device.

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/Wireless/Featured_Device_List.pdf

I dont know how often they update the featured device list as the LG G3 and S5 are missing on that list.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having the same problem. Only difference is I never got a bootloader screen. My phone got really, really warm today. I would even say hot. I just assumed it was because I was walking around in the sun with it in my pocket. Next thing I know, my battery is plumetting. Going from 30% to dead in about 5 minutes. Wifi and Mobile Data were off and the screen was asleep. I figured "hey dead phone is dead phone. Just gotta get it on the charger." When I go to plug it in, it refuses to charge. No flashing red LED to show a charge. I've tried holding down the power button, power + vol down, power + vol up, and power + vol up + vol down for over five minutes each time and nothing happened. I even tried this little trick of how to reset the battery I've read on multiple other forums about holding down all the buttons/power + vol down (I did both following http://mrbosski.com/how-to-get-into-download-mode-on-any-htc-one/) while shining a bright light into the sensor. I held it in front of a desk lamp. Still nothing. I haven't flashed any new roms, themes or gapp zips in well over a week. I do know I didn't disable fastboot. I just found out it causes this issue today. Any ideas on how I can get my phone back on?

I was thinking about trying to acquire a wall adapter that has a 2 amp output as opposed to mine which is 1 amp to sort of jump start it. Wait until it gets to about 15%, then put it back on the charger it came with.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@schwank05 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Only difference is I never got a bootloader screen. My phone got really, really warm today. I would even say hot. I just assumed it was because I was walking around in the sun with it in my pocket. Next thing I know, my battery is plumetting. Going from 30% to dead in about 5 minutes. Wifi and Mobile Data were off and the screen was asleep. I figured "hey dead phone is dead phone. Just gotta get it on the charger." When I go to plug it in, it refuses to charge. No flashing red LED to show a charge. I've tried holding down the power button, power + vol down, power + vol up, and power + vol up + vol down for over five minutes each time and nothing happened. I even tried this little trick of how to reset the battery I've read on multiple other forums about holding down all the buttons/power + vol down (I did both following http://mrbosski.com/how-to-get-into-download-mode-on-any-htc-one/) while shining a bright light into the sensor. I held it in front of a desk lamp. Still nothing. I haven't flashed any new roms, themes or gapp zips in well over a week. I do know I didn't disable fastboot. I just found out it causes this issue today. Any ideas on how I can get my phone back on?

I was thinking about trying to acquire a wall adapter that has a 2 amp output as opposed to mine which is 1 amp to sort of jump start it. Wait until it gets to about 15%, then put it back on the charger it came with.

Or the phone could be failing?  Its not like its a spring chicken..  That phone is OLD now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.