The Samsung Galaxy S24
SEANCON's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 8:40 PM

HTC M8 Agent IQ Battery Drain?

Ever since the update i have been getting the Dish icon (like GPS) appearing consistently for 10-20 minutes at a time in a given hour.  The battery drain since the update is horrible.  Go to work, look at my phone 2 hours in and its at 50% battery.  Go into manage apps and see Agent IQ under android services. says its running for over 24 hours? when i try to stop the app.  It stops for about 3-5 minutes and then is initiated again.  I have no GPS on , no auto update apps....what the heck.... tried the hard reboot after stopping the program and nothing....this is getting to be ridiculous.  Any one else having the issue? i see it in other forums about the ATT update/Agent IQ issue but nothing here in the community....weird

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Redpoint, thanks but ice had DriveMode disabled literally since the day I got this phone, so unfortunately that's not the source of the issue for me.

Generally, as official ruu's from HTC have down, this is not software present on their native builds, so we can clearly tell it's AT&Ts doing. Shame they don't care enough to provide decent customer support.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

I have had the exact thing happen.  It started about 10 days ago.  I never had any problem until then.  The GPS icon flashes randomly and it can be stopped by force stopping the IQ agent.  

I spent an hour on the phone with HTC and their phone (exact same phone and OS version) did not have the IQ agent loaded.

I attempted to contact enhanced ATT support but they closed my case because I was not able to answer my phone during the day while I was at work.

I talked with 3 different general customer service person and got three different solutions, starting with doing a master reset which didn't clear it, shutting off all apps that might be using GPS, duh I already knew that, and lastly "this is part of the 911 service required by law", nothing we can do.

Well apparently 911 has been on my phone until 10 days ago because this was never a problem before!!!!!!

What is wrong with ATT customer service?  Do they want to lose all of their customers???

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

This is clearly on at&t's end every at&t customer should do a warranty exchange that has the HTC One M8 when are they gonna release the lollipop software for the HTC One M8 they released it for the LG G3 and the Motorola phones what's the problem what's the hold up why is at&t months behind on software updates

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Having the same issue as everyone else. What is the warranty period on HTC one M8? Mine will be a year in August. Can I still get it exchanged?

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

I've seen a couple reports of users using AppOps app by Sylvan Gal and, from the play store. I guess the key is to deny keep awake or location privlidges to Android System app in the location menu, though no clear answer as to which one "works".

Ultimately, this is probably more of a workaround and not root cause to the issue, but I'm Willi g to do anything in light of AT&Ts complete disregard for its customers and abhorrent pace for updating to lollipop.

I just DLed and will test myself on my M8.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

No luck; used AppOps to deny location-based access and keep awake rights to Android System app, but I'm still having the problem.

I'm unbelievably sick of AT&T...very close to walking for T-Mo. There's just no explanation for why they deserve my business.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

ATT obviously doesn't care if we remain customers.  I have tried several times to get help with this issue.  

They say the only way to solve this is a warranty replacement.  Back when I was on 4.4.2 and was having voicemail issues, they told me the same thing.  I did 4 warranty replacements and nothing was solved.  

After the 4.4.4 update, the voicemail started working corretly.  Unfortunately now the GPS icon flashes because of the IQ agent service running.  

Will 5.0 fix that, or create another issue?  Do they care???

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, certainly frustrating. Several report in these and other forums of customers warrantee exchanging to no avail. They offered me the same but it's not worth the time/effort for me. I'm literally just going to leave for a better provider, but before doing so I need to find a really good way to spite AT&T before doing so.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Spent an hour on the phone with ATT escalated tech supportsupport. I must say, got great service from Karen T, although the issues remain. She was much more thorough in questioning and checking the device than others. We did a remote session and I was able to walk though several verification steps and replicate the problem. Unfortunately she was still not sure of the source.

I'm actually starting to wonder if any silent updates to the google application (play store, apps, search, etc)may be triggering this. I've been doing a lot of research and this is certainly only happening with HTC M8s at the moment, and I recall a while back we had a very similar location services-based battery draining probably just before/after the JB update on the M7. Sadly, if you're not an iPhone or GSx, or to a lesser extent LG G3/4, no one cares these days...

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

It seems to be carrier related.  I have a friend on the same HTC M8 on Sprint and he has not experienced this problem.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.