Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jun 11, 2018 1:55 AM

How to set up a group ringtone on Galaxy S9+

I just picked up a new Galaxy S9+ and I am getting all of my information transferred from my old S6+.  I am trying to assign a ringtone to my contact groups but I don't see a way to do the assignment.  Please don't tell me I have to go through my 500+ contact and assign a ringtone to each one.  If that's the case the phone may get packed up and returned.  This has been a standard option for years. 

Thanks in advance. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Folks,

I found the solution here.  Hope is not lost Smiley Happy This feature appears to have moved and I did some searching on line and could not find an answer.  Well here you go.  Open up your contacts app.  Scroll down past your favorites section.  Note on mine phone I have quite a few favorites and did not see the next section which is groups.  Tap the groups section and all your groups now appear.  Select a group then select Edit and the first entry is Group Ringtone.  Hope this helps.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

@paul_mc_nj

I believe that a thing samsung did this year...  You also cant assign text tones to each users its one for all.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

@paul_mc_nj wrote:

Folks,

I found the solution here.  Hope is not lost Smiley Happy This feature appears to have moved and I did some searching on line and could not find an answer.  Well here you go.  Open up your contacts app.  Scroll down past your favorites section.  Note on mine phone I have quite a few favorites and did not see the next section which is groups.  Tap the groups section and all your groups now appear.  Select a group then select Edit and the first entry is Group Ringtone.  Hope this helps.

@paul_mc_nj

Good find....  Now if they would bring back text tones by contact that would be great.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

hi, as far as I know, samsung has changed this gadget, samsung galaxy s9 has been removed the part for assigning ringtones for each contact. you can only use one ringtone for more than 500 contacts

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I have found a reliable address that provides online ringtones for your galaxy s9 + here: 

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I'm using Galaxy S7. How can I set up a group suonerie?

(edited)

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…