The Samsung Galaxy S24
Gareth0's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 27th, 2016 8:37 PM

How to read incoming SMS text messages without physical possession of a phone?

Hi, firstly I would like to mention that my question belongs to ALL cell phones. The reason why I chose Android subtopic of this forum is because I am required to choose subtopic in order to post a message. However question belongs to all phones and not just Android. Could anyone please explain me How to read incoming SMS text messages without physical possession of a phone and without apple id and password (icloud)? Please kindly don't say its not possible as I would urgently need to find a way to do that. At least if there is some application which I can remotely sent to my phone to see/download received text messages?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Gareth0 You aren't being ignored, your request is simply not possible. Since you are not subscribed to the ATT Messages service, there is no way to read your texts other than on the phone itself. At least there is no way I know of and if anyone else knew of some way, they would have answered.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

If you are subscribed to ATT Messages and the iPhone is set up properly to use the service, you can read SMS texts from any web browser. More info here: https://www.att.com/shop/apps/att-messages.html

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

sandblaster thank you for reply. I am not subscribed to ATT Messages due to three reasons:

1. it is required to have online user id registered in order to access ATT Messages.

2. when registering online for basic (NOT att messages) ATT's online profile (user id), there is a bug on the website requesting verification of phone ownership.

3. i don't have physical phone in my possession so due to bug there is no way to verify and receive either phone call or text message - whatever is required to finalize creation of ATT's online profile (user id).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Why is everyone ignoring me?

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

Because you said "Please kindly don't say its not possible". That is the answer, but you've already said you don't want to hear that. Hence, no one is responding.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

If you just want sms without a phone, without paying for cell phone service, then don't look at AT&T text service. It is for paying customers only. However, you can get text from say Google. It is free. You don't need a phone, and don't need any phone service. You don't really need anything. Go to your local library and use the public computers there. Sign up for a Gmail account and Google Voice. You can text all you want from the time they open the door till they flicker the light at closing time.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@tim horton, the OP wants to be able to read text messages that are going to a phone that he/she doesn't have possession of (boyfriend, girlfriend, children, etc). Specifically asked if there is a way to send an app to the phone that would allow them to read texts on the device; i.e. spyware.

Why is anybody's guess, but I can imagine some rather nefarious reasons.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.