Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
garretttv's profile

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

Friday, February 6th, 2015 12:02 PM

How far will AT&T lag on the Lollipop OTA?!...

Who wants to start guessing how far behind the competition AT&T will be in updating most phones to Android 5?!  I'll start the bidding at 3 weeks....do I hear 3.5 weeks?!...

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Let the countdown begin...

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

@Anonymous 

While you point out that T Mobile had beat AT&T updating the M8, you fail to mention that AT&T has beat everyone else updating the LG G3.

So much for AT&T lagging behind "everyone" else.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

ATT got one phone started a few days ago. Several other carriers have equaled or bested that timeframe, done so on multiple devices, and have given word of impending updates. ATT continues to let customers fly blindly, so until there's more/any info available and we see progress, they're certainly operating behind, if you ask me, which is typical.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

Right, an update to a phone where there is no immediate hardware update or threat of loss of sales. Case in point, HTC M8 lollipop update is serously lagging the other carriers. Oh wait, that is right, the M9 is just right around the corner. Same goes with Samsung Galaxy line.

Last time I checked the LG G4 is very far away, in short no threat to sales if ATT releases that update now to the G3. And they benefit from responses like yours defending their stellar update path when in reality they aren't even trying to compete with others to avoid last place. They seem quite content with being last now. I expect that from Verizon, not ATT. I don't expect ATT to be first, they don't have to, but not last. That shows contempt for their customers.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

They will do anything for money, even with marginal room for long terms gains and in the face of anything resembling a benefit to their actual consumers.  Randall Stephenson is such a tool, and it permeates throughout the company.  I mean, this is the same company that wouldn't push a single item besides apple for years, and then painted themselves blue in every store when Microsoft dangled some $ in front of heir faces, even while ATT had far superior offerings from HTC, Samsung, and Motorola already rolling onto the shelves.  We've seen how that worked out...

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

9 years ago

I would say 6 months! Especially for those of us who own the Note Edge!

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

The others keep rolling in...AT&T keeps standing by!

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-50-lollipop-rolls-out-htc-one-m8-verizon

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

9 years ago

Why am I not surprised? AT&T throwing their weight around as usual. They should, at least, send their customers progress updates.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.