The Samsung Galaxy S24
newphone345's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 7:23 PM

Help me choose: AT&T s3 mini, unlocked s4 mini or wait for s5 mini?

Getting tired of waitinf for the s4 mini to be released branded by att so I need to make a descision.

Get the s3 att ver now

continue to wait who knows how long for the s4

get an s4 unlocked

wait for s5 and get that unlocked

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Are you only looking for the mini? What about the newly released S5? 🙂 That seems like an awesome phone. 🙂 Or what about the HTC One (M8)?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

I use FM radio 10 hours a day. only the mini's have FM receivers anymore. I could stream it sure with unlimited data and 5 batteries per day! 🙂

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Ohh okay now I see why! I don't think there will be a S4 mini, but there is a S4 Active 😛

If that doesn't interest you, I would go with the s3 mini then 🙂

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

I guess the leaked pictures of a branded ATT s4 mini were fake?

Oh well, looks like the s5 mini will be out soon. My question now is that will the decreased throughput of an unbranded phone be a big detriment, enough so to warrent going with a branded s3 mini that can use full lte?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Well personally I have used a HTC One unlocked last year and didn't get anymore than 3 bars, but the speeds were still blazing fast so I wouldn't be too concerned about slow internet. 😛

I have just seen some leaked photos of "s5 mini" but who knows if it's real. Lol 😛 But perhaps you should hold off on upgrading just to make sure your getting the latest and greatest. 😉

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

my current phone is a Sony Ericsson W810 I bought as the latest and greatest in 2006. I think I've waited long enough. 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My wife had wanted the S4 Mini for many months, so last month I bought one from B&H Photo for her B-Day.  Cost $299.95 for phone and $18.95 for 32GB Micro SDHC Card (Class 4) = $318.90 (no tax and free shipping) total cost.

We have dealt with B&H for many years (purchased all our cameras through them) and I was glad to see they carried the unlocked international version of the S4 Mini. The phone arrived promptly, brand new and factory sealed.

While on vacation in Virginia, we walked into a local ATT Store, handed them the S4 Mini and her old HT Xenon. The staff member pulled the SIM card from the Xenon, went in back and cut it into the new form factor for the S4 Mini. He then plugged this SIM card into the S4 Mini, powered on the phone, and commented "Wow, this is a really nice phone!".  Phone booted up and was working in no time. No charge at all! The only issue was that not all of my wife's contacts were on the SIM card so she had to enter them back into her contact list.

The bad news is that the S4 Mini supports none of the LTE bands used by ATT. However, in practice, this is immaterial. It always shows H+ which is just shy of LTE speed. Have never had an issue with Data Speed on the S4 Mini.

This is a great phone. After a month of use my wife is thrilled, and our bill hasn't chnaged at all.

Highly recommond this phone to anyone who wants a compact S4 expericnce!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.