For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Razman's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 9:26 PM

Guess i'm dropping AT&T after 10+ years

It's a shame but I don't see a way out of it as they won't bend in the least and are totally denying any responsibility for the 4.3 patch failure. My Galaxy S3 is hosed, period. Multiple hard resets, soft resets and battery pulls haven't in the least bit solved it's issues. This morning I did not recieve five customer calls that resulted in a $500 revenue loss to me. I've all the symptoms since the OTA push, fast drain battery, hot battery, freezing apps, emails not getting there, etc. Now calls not coming through.

I called the retail store and was told i would have to take it o a service center so they could flash it, gave me the number and told me it was an AT&T facility. Nope it's a contracted facility that told me that AT&T has not given them a corrected 4.3 version. They are still waiting and in all honesty won't gaurantee anything. Great, and i would have to drive the 90 miles each way to do that!

Called Customer Care / Tech line and after explaining the rep stated it wasn't AT&T's fault for the bad push. I disagree, your service, your phone, your push. He did get Samsung on the phone and they agreed to flash it BUT it will take two weeks. Again no gaurantees and as it's out of warranty if it's hosed, it's on me. As i'm not at my residence during the week due to work that would add at least another week to the equation. To the AT&T's reps credit he did give me a $25 credit for a GoPhone to use while it's being done. Woop

So I ask about upgrading to avoid all of this running around as i don't have time for it, nope i'm not eligible but another of my familys lines is. Great, take my daughters upgrade and hope she doesn't need it. Oh yeah no deal on the device fee, still $200. So then i'd be out $200 plus the $500 I missed out on this morning so i'll be out $700. Sorry, it's the policy I get.

I'm thinking 10+ years with AT&T is getting a bit long in the tooth now after this latest episode. I've put up with poor service, poor coverage and overpricing. Sad as i have Wireless (3), Uverse, Internet, VOIP and such and will have to now shop the competitors for the same and go through the setup pain all over again.

Sad AT&T, whatever happened to customer loyalty and service?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Razman.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. If you don't mind, please click here to send us a private message so we can investigate further.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.