Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 6:51 PM

Google Pixel

Is there a clear date on the arrival of the Google Pixel phones at AT&T?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

4 years ago

Mine is working perfectly on a postpaid account.  Are you using Gophone?   Hotspot wouldn't work with Gophone.   

I have been using a galaxy s7 for wifi calling as my home is in a bad spot.  The Pixel gets better reception and has clearer calls than all but the Nexus 6p.  

Hotspot with Galaxy view tablet worked great.  Streamed DirecTV Now great.  Bluetooth to Asus Zenwatch is working great.  

Maybe you got a dud.  

FYI, the first Zenwatch was defective, Google sent me a replacement first, with a return label for the broken device.  Fantastic service. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

According to Google this is a "properly functioning" phone, so not a dud. My experience has been the Google Pixel simply does not work ideally with ATT data/hotspots and does not tether properly with my Subaru. Apple devices have not shown such issues, so I am going with a device I can rely on. Plus I have wasted enough time with Google support (which also provided me with the incorrect guidance in clearing my phone cache ... I actually had to look it up on an online forum because their advice was out-of-date). Very frustrating experience with Google Pixel.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

Then your doing it wrong. I have 2 pixel xls on my account and everything works just fine.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Well then me and two Google support reps and two ATT support reps are wrong
too because that's all the people I consulted about this.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

4 years ago

@DenverDude

@GLIMMERMAN76 And I are not only 2 pixel users, there are others who have them @Lilybell2 has the XL.  

Plenty of experience with non ATT phones too.  Other than the Moto Pure edition, this is the only non ATT phone that I didn't have to program APN settings.   

So far the only thing negative I can say is, "why the freakishly big bezels!"  

Google support is phone support.  They don't want the phone back, so of course it must be ATT.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

4 years ago

My Pixel XL is as fast as greased lightning.  No tethering issues, no Bluetooth problems.  The phone is great.  In fact, I think it's the best phone I've ever used, and I'm more than happy with it.

Perhaps you got a lemon, @DenverDude, which is pretty much what was suggested to you when you posted your sole, but almost identical, post at Android Central, with the only difference being the addition of a "warning" as the post's first line, within just a few minutes of posting here, using the username DenverDude22. 

Very interesting that you were given incorrect information by Google support for clearing your phone's cache.  Exactly which cache was this? 

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
wvmstr

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

4 years ago

@lizdance40

Does your pixel work with AT&T's calling over LTE?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

No unlocked non att branded phone get hdvoice. Except the iPhone.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

4 years ago

@wvmstr wrote:

@lizdance40

Does your pixel work with AT&T's calling over LTE?

@wvmstr

No...it doesn't need AT&T's  stinkin' HD voice.   It works better than my AT&T Samsung galaxy S7, which did have VoLTE and wifi calling.  Voice quality is the best so far.  Don't know how it sounds on the other end.   Second place was the Nexus 6p, which was STILL better than my galaxy.

My home is in a marginal area with one local tower for band 17.  Typically I get 1-2 bands and voice quality is best if you stand still (eye roll).  Doesn't make "mobile" phones very mobile.  

Wifi calling improved voice quality within my wifi range, which is pretty large area, covers my 3.5 acre lot very well.  But each time I get an update it changes it.  The last update turned wifi calling off on my phone and I had to set it up again.  Voice quality hasn't been as good since that last update. 

Made it really easy to accept the backordered blue pixel.  

I could go on and on....

David606

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

The non-branded HTC 10 gets VOLTE. Not sure why the Pixel doesn't honestly.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

Not real volte tho. The phone has 2 radios active at one time. Voice is still carried like any unlocked phone. HTC did this with the thunderbolt back in the early LTE days on Verizon.
scottadus

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

with google financing there is interest, in the next plan there is not. and on a 1000 phone interest is huge,

I will NOT touch the pixel until att finances it.

Google is missing out

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

4 years ago

@scottadus   Incorrect.   Google pixel is a promotional sale.  No interest is charged.   

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_phone

Other google store purchases are not 0% interest.

(Yet another example of when the basic skill of reading comes in handy)

IMG_5199.PNG

phoenixms

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

4 years ago

The unlocked HTC A9 and 10 do support "real" VoLTE on at&t. This is the only feature though. Wifi calling and Video Calling aren't supported like they are on the unlocked iPhone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We live inear Reunion and you have no idea how glad I am to see a review from someone in Denver. Thank you for your honest input.

Get started...

Ask a new question