The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ladyleo65's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, February 17th, 2018 4:33 PM

Galaxy s7 active battery drains fast

Samsung galaxy s7 active. Battery just started draining really fast. Noticed after last update. All cache cleared , no apps running, all play store updates complete. Goes from 100% to 30% in 2 hrs not even on phone not being used. Using manufacture charger

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

No, my battery really is draining that fast. Went to town the other day, had 87% charge when I left, 2 hours later, it shut it's self off because battery went to zero. Elapsed time was less that 2 hours with nothing being used.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

MY SUSPICION IS THAT AT&T DID THIS DELIBERATELY TO FORCE US INTO UPGRADING! GREEDY B!@#@%!&$

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

After the latest updates my S7 Edge will not keep a charge. It will drop 20 percent in a matter of minutes. I see tons of complaints about this. Why has this not been fixed?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Having same problem with fast draining on what had been an excellent phone until now.

It's probably because there are only 4 payments left on the phone, right AT&T?

Gonna try Scottyf's cure...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am also having this problem.  Thought I had it fixed with a factory reset and manually re-installing ALL of my apps.  (it seemed to work for couple of days, but is now just as bad).  This morning, I have been up for less than 1 hour and my battery is already down to 91% with little to no use of the phone.

Battery drain rate is over 10% per hour.  Prior to the Android 8 "upgrade" I would be my drain rate was less that 5% per hour even with moderate use.

SOMETHING HAPPENED AT&T / SAMSUNG.  FIX IT!!!

Here are options I would be willing to accept...  Preferable in this order...

1)  Find the problem, fix it, and push out an update that patches the OS to quit killing our batteries...

2) Inform me how I can get in touch with a service tech and push me back to Android 7.0 Nougat and NEVER push the 8.0 upgrade to this phone again.  I will have to re-install all my apps again and waste another day of my life to get my phone back to where it was.

3) Sell me a new S9+ for $200 to replace my phone.  This is what I would be willing to pay to cover YOUR error in YOUR poorly release OS "update" that has slaughtered the performance of the phone you sold me.

I will be going into my local AT&T store and asking to talk to the manager's manager.  I want this issue escalated until it is resolved.

If you have an S7 / S7 Edge / S7 Active and your phone has been destroyed since the 8.0 update, make some noise.  It is the only way we will be heard.  I see similar posts out there on US Cellular forums and T-Mobile forums as well so clearly this is a well known issue.

I would be willing to work with any AT&T support people to help get this resolved.  Please contact me!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Tried to make some noise! Got told my battery went bad and needs to be replaced...hint: THE G#@$#!^N BATTERY IS NON REPLACEABLE! My local cell phone repairman said he could put an S6 battery (smaller) in it, but it would void my warranty and would also no longer be water resistant. NEWS FLASH: Water & dust resistance combined with a very hard (less likely to shatter) screen were the major reason I upgraded to this phone. OH: And they were powerless to explain why my battery suddenly went bad, and yes according to them it is sheer coincidence that this happened right after the FORCED update to Android 8.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I just got off the phone with AT&T support.  They told me it is a Samsung product so I have to work with Samsung support.  They told me to call my local Best Buy as they offer Samsung support thru a service group they call "Samsung Experience".

NEWS FLASH FOR AT&T...  I called my local Best Buy and Best Buy has removed this service organization from all of their stores.  Best Buy told me I would have to call Samsung direct.

I got on Samsung's website and at least on their website you are able to send them an email explaining what your problem is (that is one step above AT&T since you cannot send AT&T an email.  Hint to AT&T, your artificial intelligence chat bot thing is terrible, frustrating and pretty much useless unless you have a basic question).

I have an email into Samsung now so we will see what happens from here.

Good luck to all of you dealing with this problem.  This has taken what was a very decent phone and made it a horrible experience.

AT&T...  This may be a Samsung problem.  I believe you.  But I am betting anything your higher up leadership can influence Samsung!!!  Put some pressure on Samsung and tell them your customers are having a very terrible experience.  Don't forget...  YOU (AT&T) sold me the phone.  This should anger you too!  At least if you are concerned about your customer.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I wish you the best.  I had similar issue this past February with my SUPERVISOR Active after a SamATT over the air manfatory update.  Neither ATT or Samsung would help.  I ended up turning a claim into Assurion and paid the $200 deductible for an S8 Active. 

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Should be S7 not supervisor

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Attention Samsung...  Ball is in your court now.  You have people out here (known as your customers) that are willing to work with you to help identify and resolve this problem.  I already have an email in to your service organization and sincerely hope to hear back from you.  The S7 Active is still an amazing phone, but your latest update just sincerely jeopardized the experience.  Please help your customers and don't just abandon us or expect us to buy a new phone.

Still waiting to hear back as of 9/9/2018 and counting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.