Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
kbechtel's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 3:22 PM

Galaxy S5 Active and lolipop upgrade issues

Since the upgrade, My battery life has dramatically dropped (from 100% to 91% in one hour while sitting at my desk).  The phone gets warm, like there's a runaway process.  I checked the runing apps and memory use, stopped multiple google play events (three were active), I've rebooted multiple times, everytime I reboot I get the message that Android is updating and optimizing apps.  I've cleared the cache partition, with no resolutions.  It seems like the update did not complete correctly, or is corrupt.  How do I resolve this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

backup all your data with kies 3.  Then do a factory reset.  This will kill the rouge app.  It happens sometimes.  When I update os I just factory reset before and after.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

............really wanted to avoid that. 🙂 Guess I know what I'm doing this afternoon. 😞

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Running into a further issue.  Data is backed up.  under settings, backup and restore, the factory reset is greyed out, and doesn't respond.  The Hardware reset (volume up, home, power) does not ask for confirmation and reboots as if nothing happend, password, apps etc are still all there.

I'm going to pull the battery for a few minutes, and try the hardware reset again, but if you have any other ideas, I'm happy to hear them.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

yeah if that option is greyed out you have some problems.  I would take the phone to a samsung experience center in best buy and have them flash the phone for you.  You must have a corrupt install if it wont reset from bootloader menu.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks, that's what I figured.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.