The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

Installed and running fine so far.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

You're sure it's "running fine", right? You're profile says you're running a Nokia 2600...  You installed the 4.3 update on a Galaxy S3?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make as sure as possible before I screw the pooch...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have attempted to update my samsung s3 via wifi from AT&T but only got to 32% during the update and then it said update failed? What is the fix for this problem? I have tried several times to no avail.

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

It sounds like a lot of people are hitting AT&T's servers at once for the update.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

Set the date on your device to one day ahead. You should be able to re-commence the download process.

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

10 years ago

Per another thread (and various reports on around the net) the 4.3 update was live and then was pulled due to reported issues. For those of you that have upgraded, how's your battery life and are you experiencing any other problems?

Other thread with links to reports of it being pulled:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-s3-android-update-to-4-3/td-p/3818523

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

Those issues are  for the UK and Irish i9300 models which is way different than the SGH-I747 we have. I've been running the update for about 6 hours now and the update is very reliable.  Everything is much faster now.  I haven't run into any bugs or issues yet.  The only thing is that the battery drains slightly faster than before the update.  Usually it takes about 7 to 10 days after the update for battery consumption to go back to normal.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

I recently updated my Galaxy S3 to android 4.3 and I gotta say it is a great update. My phone runs much faster and the improvements all around are very nice.  Its like I have a brand new phone.  My only complaint, which i hope you pass down to AT&T and Samsung's software engineers is that It would have been nice if you would've updated the touchwiz launcher and weather widget to look like whats on the S4/Note 3.  I hope and expect that you release a patch to update these very soon. I am definitely leaning on purchasing an S5 when its released and if you update the launcher and weather widget I will definitely be buying an S5 with AT&T.

Good job Samsung and AT&T on this update.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Update for S3 was Pulled by Samsung.  People having issues with it for Now.

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Well lets see here, I have waited for 2 hours for the software to download to my phone and guess what it did. It stopped at 35% and said was looking for the server then quit working. So I tried checking for update it said I could check in the next 24 hours. Forget that so I moved my date a day ahead. Now lets see if it will completely download this time. If it doesn't the Google Nexus phone looks pretty sweet on the specs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.