The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

You don't want it. Half baked update with more problems than fixes.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Please forgive me if this has been posted but I didn't see this anywhere already.

Ever since I updated to 4.3 I have the problem where my phone uses LTE over the wifi signal.  The only way to use wifi is to go in and disable data which gets annoying.  Has this been seen or solved?  I've checked every kind of connection setting to no avail.

Thanks!

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi dyu89,

I have personally not heard of this issue with the S3 having connectivity issues after the 4.3 update. Have you tried all the basic trobleshooting steps (Reset the Phone, Pull the battery out and SIM card wait 30 seconds and re-insert)?

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to  ATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

hello, i am using samsung att mobile sgh-i747 in pakistan, i am trying to udate the firmware but failed to do it, its current firmware is 4.1.1. please help me to solve this issue.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

pretty sure I solved the battery life problem on my S3 with 4.3... just uncheck "Use wireless networks" at Settings, More, Location services. You can leave the other two checkboxes on. I rebooted after changing the setting and went from a dead phone at 3pm everyday to 60% battery left when I go to bed.

While I can't really guarantee this helps everybody, I did do it scientifically enough for myself, going back and forth every few days, changing only this setting, and was able to repeat bad and good battery life.

I also noticed now that my phone no longer gets burning hot after a little bit of use, so that Google IP location service thing must have really been running in circles.

I guess the downside is now GPS lookup is slower because it has to wait for actual GPS lock, so the weather widget takes a while to update ever hour.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Also, doesn't this mean that you're using your data plan for everything? AT&T's data plans are limited (unless you're grandfathered-in with an unlimited plan). Have you checked your data usage during this time?

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi malikifran,

You would have to attempt to update your device though Samsumg Kies is going to be the only way. The AT&T Software Updater will not work unless you are on AT&T's network in the United States, USVI or puerto rico. 

Hope This helps

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Galaxy S3 issues. I have two major updates since getting this device. The first one all but killed the swype keyboard, it would take nesrly 5 seconds for the keyboard to appear when trying to text or put in web address. The next update fixed that issue but caused many more. My battery life is horrible, I lose nearly 30% in the first hour from making maybe two texts and one five min call. The phone is sluggish in nearly every task I use it for. Now the web browser will randomly stop loading pages, showing that the connectivity was lost. It has happened on Wi-Fi and mobile network, I repeatedly try over and over to load the page and nothing happens. I end up having to go to application manager and clear all the data from my browser and then it works again, same thing happens on third party browsers as well. Also the phone can't keep up with my typing speed, im not super fast but it seems the processor cant keep up. It completely froze up yeasterday and I had to do a battery pull. I loved this phone for a long time, now it's crap. I wish I had the phone I bought without all these updates that were desgined to make the user experience better... I have had to factory data reset twice in the past two weeks. I never had a single problem for a long time, now all I have is problems. on a side note this pbone has been babied, never wet, never dropped etc. still looks brand new, but runs horribly. I knpw others are having issues, anyone else having these problems?

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

10 years ago

You're not the only one. People have had major issues with the buggy 4.3 update that AT&T pushed out on its subscribers. Here's a thread that I started on the battery issue:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-S3-4-3-battery-drain/td-p/3847275#.UtP5855dXTM

And, if someone tells you that a Factory Reset will fix it - it won't. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

My apologies if this is a duplicate entry...

After a recent upgrade to 4.3 I notice that the (1) the video size on playback is really small and I can't zoom in and (2) the Smart Screen feature that keeps my phone 'awake' no longer registers that I'm actually looking at my screen (although I do see the little eye icon on the menu bar - it just never lights up like it did on the previous Android version).

Other than a factory reset are there any known fixes for these issues?

Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.