The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Prisoner,

Unfortunately you were right. SOD came back. It is not that bad -once a week, but still anoying. What metod did you use to root your phone and where did you found 4.0.3 ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Npl, I also filed a BBB complaint and had the same response as you did. The AT&T representative offerred no solution to me, not even waiving my upgrade fee, and blamed all the faults to Google and Samsung. I also asked him to fix this simply by providing a roll back, which is of course not possible.

The representative said AT&T doesn't modify the OS, they only give specs to Google/Samsung, so it's not their fault. I'm not familiar with how they usually do it, but I think Google and Samsung has nothing to do with this. Since Google only released the original Android 4.0.4 which doesn't have SoD, and Samsung released 4.0.4 update for S II international version which doesn't have SoD neither. Anyone can chime in this part, or point out if I'm wrong?

Since I have no luck through BBB, any suggestion with how I can get this fixed by AT&T? I know I can fix this by rooting, but I don't want to spend time on researching yet, and AT&T sould be responsible for this. We should unite and do something to make this happen!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

@AlienBoy wrote:

We should unite and do something to make this happen!

I agree.

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

When on the phone with these representatives ask to speak with their managers if they don't offer a solution, this worked for me/ my mother, she ended up getting a refurbished s3 at no charge and no upgrade fee. just keep pushing back. if whoever doesn't offer a solution demand to talk with their supervisor/ manager. a lot of base level reps don't have the power to make ANY calls so move your way up the chain of command.

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

"galaxys2root.com" has everything you need to revert back to 4.03 and root if you like. You need not root to go back to 4.03 but there are benefits if you do.

I recommend everyone post their complaint with the BBB. Only takes a few minutes. I also filed a complaint with the Illinois attorney general who also has an online form.

Best thing you can do other than the above is let as many people as you can know of your "experiences" with AT&T's wonderful customer service regarding the Galaxy phones. I have changed the signature on the emails sent from my phone to add a negative message about AT&T customer non-care. Word of mouth is a powerful thing so don't hesitate to talk people out of AT&T. They truly have offered the most negative, horrific user experience I have ever had with had for $80 a month. An all out, grass roots campaign against AT&T is the best advertising you can give them.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

Just curious has anyone posted anything on AT&T or Samsung's Facebook pages?  They may have more people looking at these than this forum.  

Also, if you decide to root, look hard at Shostock3. Its Jelly Bean and his latest update is flawless as far as I can tell. I used the stock 4.0.3 for a while, it was ok, no SOD's but battery life was not as good as Sho3 and nor was the speed.  

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

I'm loving the AOKP Task650 ROM. Excellent.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

I just had a random AT&T satisfaction survey pop up.  Of course I accepted. Smiley LOL

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I also filed a complaint with the BBB and got a return call from AT&T (Stephanie). She also fed me the same crap lines Npl got. I keep pushing and was able to get a new GS3 for free. Don't give in and stand your ground. Remember, it's AT&T's fault.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Nothing. Is. Ever. AT&T's. Fault. Just keep repeating the mantra. After all, if you hadn't signed that contract, you would not be having these problems! 😉

Seriously, you'd think somebody here would have an "in" with a tech journalist who might find this story interesting. Just a thought.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.