The Samsung Galaxy S24
RajCaj's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 2:44 AM

Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

With the latest Jelly Bean update rolling out to the Skyrocket varriant of the Galaxy S2, all versions of the SGS2 have not recieved the Jelly Bean update, except for the SGH-i777 model. (Across all carriers, models, etc)

With that, I just wanted to check in to see if there are any plans by AT&T to update the model referenced above.

If so, any expectation when we can expect that?

If not, any information as to why not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Download Samsung "Kies" software to your PC. Plug your phone into the PC with a USB cable. Run the Kids software on your PC and follow the instructions to update the OS on your phone.

(Sent from my ARM powered mobile device.)
-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Have they patched this to work proper yet? Also how much space do you have after installing it? I've heard it doesn't leave you much room compared to ICS.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

Vyper, can you explain what you mean by "have they patched this to work proper yet?"  What's the "this" to which you're referring?

On my AT&T Galaxy SII, after upgrading to Jelly Bean, and reinstalling all of my apps (86 apps taking up 3.73GB), plus my photos and other media, I still have about 5.5GB free on my internal USB storage.  And this is not including the space on my external SD card, so I think there's plenty of space.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I meant have they patched JB yet? I've read alot about bugs with the i777 including the problems people were having in this thread, was curious if they have fixed anything yet or is it the same version as first released.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

No, it's still the same JB version that was released. I've seen no further updates.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

JB runs pretty good. Currently my son's phone.  I doubt it will happen but it would be nice to see how KK runs on this phone since it supposedly uses less resources with the same performance as JB.

late,

k

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Samblackjack,

Were you ever able to resolve the problem with the default keyboard application settings getting wiped after each reboot of your SGH-i777? I didn't have this problem with the trial version of SwiftKey, but once I upgraded to the paid version of SwiftKey, then I started having the same problem you described. Everytime I reboot the phone, it resets the default keyboard back to the Samsung keyboard, so I need to manually set it back to the SwiftKey keyboard.

I haven't noticed any other defaults getting reset though...just the keyboard.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

Schlermie,

No, unfortunately I was not able to find a solution to that problem. I also have the paid version of SwiftKey, so maybe it has to do with how that's configured.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Guys....

I was trying to find the I777UCMD8 update to my S2 I777, but the only option was HOTFILE, can anyone help me with a link please....

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.