The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Aww, that's so disappointing to hear. That was one of the key reasons why I liked Android. 😐

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

There are tons of places to get your extended life battery/replacement back for your phone much cheaper.  Amazon being one with multiple choices. You spent  #x's what you needed to @ $88

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

It was Adobe's decision, as they don't want to be in the mobile OS market anymore.  They stopped supporting their Flash Player with the new version of Android.

Apparently, HTML5 (which is open source, compared to Adobe's proprietary Flash Player) is supposed to be the future on all platforms, not just mobile.  But it really hasn't panned out that way yet.  More websites are moving to HTML5, but many other websites still use it.  So Adobe's decision to stop supporting Android at this time is pretty annoying for many people.

That said, as previously mentioned, you can still install Flash Player on your device running JB.  The method is easy to find by Googling around for a few minutes.  As usual, use caution before installing software obtained from unofficial sources.  But really, if your phone comes with a feature out of the box, you should have every right to continue making it work.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Just saw that T-Mobile is updating S3 today to Jelly Bean.  AT&T needs to get with it and not be last to the party as ususal.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

But then again, what does AT&T care about updates to existing customers. Must have 1 person working on Android updates for all of AT&T.  A team would not take 4 months.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

[word filter avoidance] I was promised Jely Bean update August 29. Where is it or do you even care about you good customers?

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@redmacdaddy wrote:

But then again, what does AT&T care about updates to existing customers. Must have 1 person working on Android updates for all of AT&T.  A team would not take 4 months.

Since T-Mobile is experiencing non-stop churn of contract customers (myself included - I left T-Mobile 4 months ago), it's in their best interest to do whatever possible to at least put a Band-Aid on the wound. Unlike T-Mobile, AT&T has the iPhone, an LTE network and far more extensive coverage footprint. They don't need to worry about trivial issues like timely firmware updates (pardon the sarcasm!).

A member of XDA Developers, claiming to be a former AT&T employee, stated that the department that works on updates is extremely lazy. Personally, I wasn't expecting a timely update from a U.S. carrier, but being outdone by T-Mobile and Sprint? Step it up, AT&T....

I would definitely love to experience Jellybean on my GS3. Yes, Jellybean is a significant improvement over ICS - thanks to my Galaxy Nexus, I speak from personal experience. I'll wait it out until the end of the month, and then it's off to root and ROM!

Speaking of Galaxy Nexus...I was absolutely correct in my earlier post. The 4.2 update for it was released a couple of days ago, while AT&T's GS3 is still waiting to receive 4.1. We're now 2 firmware versions behind. I guess being a flagship device still doesn't count for anything!

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

11 years ago

Yah, I don't think I really care, but it sucks to be behind. I really thought with the gs3 twere had turned a corner. Don't they realize that it's the updates and new tweaks that keep us interested? It's like getting a sweet Porsche 911 and putting Kia wheels on it. I'll shop around when my contract is up.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

11 years ago

Att definitely doesn't stay in touch with what's important to customers. The flagship smartphone crowd wants to be number one for as long as possible. They have now put the galaxy 3 TWO software updates behind. Jellybean 4.2 is out while we wait. I don't like apple but at least they know how to update software...every six months like a clock.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yup complete crap. Jellybean has been out for awhile now and almost every carrier has it on there GS3 but not AT&T. Get on the ball AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.