Troubleshoot your device issues
Cormaster628's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Thu, Jan 7, 2016 11:39 AM

G4 not a featured device at device service center?

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/Wireless/Featured_Device_List.pdf

Ok is this a mistake?  You're telling me the 2015 LG flagship isn't important enough to have warranty swaps at a DSC but the antique known as the Optimus G Pro is?  Samsung Rugby?  DId anyone ever even buy one of those terrible ugly things? HTC M9 is on there, so I guess all 5 users in the US will be happy.  Really AT&T is this a joke?  Gotta be a mistake.  Seriously how do you not have the G4 on there?

Alfer2004

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Il y a 6 y

Really, this is an issue and making folks upset??

In the words of William Shatner:  "Get a life people!"

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

Il y a 6 y

or just call the device support center and see if they have one....  

And the G4 is the worst phone LG has made.  Its plagued with problems.  It could be that ATT will only do a mail to you refurb as they are shipping them on to LG when the fullfillment center gets the bad phone back from you.

slocav

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Il y a 6 y

Let me guess. You have the boot loop issue? If you do does your serial number start with 505 and build date 5 of 2015? Mine just did the boot loop and I had to call the warranty center because my luck I don't have a repair center near me. I just wish the corporate stores could replace broke phones. I actually filled a bbb complaint about this. AT&T totally *** this time sending me a like new phone and mine wasnt 5 months old.

[Inappropriate content removed]

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

Il y a 6 y

@slocav wrote:
Let me guess. You have the boot loop issue? If you do does your serial number start with 505 and build date 5 of 2015? Mine just did the boot loop and I had to call the warranty center because my luck I don't have a repair center near me. I just wish the corporate stores could replace broke phones. I actually filled a bbb complaint about this. AT&T totally p**sed me off this time sending me a like new phone and mine wasnt 5 months old.

who cares about the BBB they have no teeth and are a for profit company.

IF your mad about getting a refurb then contact LG and send the phone off to them for repair.  They made it so they warranty the phone.

In your terms of service it states att will send refurbs.  Heck even if you send your phone into LG you may get a refurb its in the warranty terms.

What is going to happen is ATT is just going to get rid of the courtesy warranty replacements they do for customers and make you deal with the OEM that made the phone.

slocav

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Il y a 6 y

yeah I am mad about how they handled it.  I run a small photography business using my phone, along with it being a personal phone too.  I could have lost potential income by waiting 2 days for a phone, when the store could have simply did it there.  I dont understand why the corporate stores cant do that.  On top of this I drive 120 miles every day to my daily job so what would I have done if I had a problem.  No one could have gotten ahold of me.  so yea i did file a bbb complaint, that's my right as a customer.  

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

Il y a 6 y

Might want to get a gophone backup there cheap.
slocav

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Il y a 6 y

honestly I did think about that.  May do it for a back up.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

Il y a 6 y

@slocav wrote:

yeah I am mad about how they handled it.  I run a small photography business using my phone, along with it being a personal phone too.  I could have lost potential income by waiting 2 days for a phone, when the store could have simply did it there.  I dont understand why the corporate stores cant do that.  On top of this I drive 120 miles every day to my daily job so what would I have done if I had a problem.  No one could have gotten ahold of me.  so yea i did file a bbb complaint, that's my right as a customer.  

I also run my business off my phone.  Entirely on my phone.   I have a backup phone so I can switch my SIM card and know how to switch my service online if my main phone and SIM card are lost or stolen.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.