For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
luvztofly's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 5:13 AM

"Enter MCK"

On 9/12/23 I successfully ported 3 wireless numbers to another carrier. During the process one of my Samsung Android phones would not accept the unlock code given to me when I paid for the phone earlier this year. After too many attempts I am locked out of my device. I have six case numbers from six hours long conversations with Tech Support and have received ZERO results to show for my efforts.  Nobody called me when I was told they would after case number four failed to yield any results. No email from AT&T with the MCK, and one errant email declaring my iPad 9.7 was now unlocked - I never owned an iPad in my life. Who is responsible? I have spoken with six people who work from home and have to "chat" with someone in Back Office to try and help me. The last two weeks of being locked out of my phone is inexcusable. Samsung sold their phones to AT&T along with the unlock and MCK codes per their contract to prevent their customers from sending their AT&T devices to get unlocked by Samsung. I have been lied to time after time. Surely someone, somewhere on planet Earth at AT&T will take care of me after 22 years of loyalty and tens of thousands of dollars paid to this monster conglomerate?!  I left for simple economic reasons and am getting kicked in the teeth for doing so. Who will step up and pay attention to the little people paying their salaries? Who will dare to step from the shadows at this AT&T empire and show that they actually care about Customer Service?

I await a real response and a real solution. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 months ago

AT&T is provided with unlock codes, not MCK codes. The only way for them to provide the MCK code is for Samsung to provide it for them.

Best way to do this is to file an FCC complaint. The FCC complaint is forwarded back to upper management. Upper management will contact Samsung and they can get you the MCK

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

7 months ago

formerlyknownas, thanks for the information.  Interestingly though, I spoke with Samsung Tech Support twice and twice was told what I stated previously about their inability to communicate MCK information due to contractual restrictions with the carriers they sell mobile devices to, no need to verify ownership with Samsung since I bought and paid for my device from AT&T. I don't know who to believe at this point, but will contact the FCC as you suggested . Thx. 

(edited)

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 months ago

@luvztofly 

That's par for the course.

Once it gets to the master code key level, neither AT&T or Samsung will directly help. AT&T will say go to Samsung (which is technically true, only Samsung has that code), but Samsung will say go to AT&T (mostly because Samsung can't be bothered by what they just assume may be a stolen phone and they just don't want to be involved - so that's their "just go away" response). That's why a complaint to the FCC is really the only option.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.