The Samsung Galaxy S24
CTBoater's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 8:33 PM

DON'T UPDATE to 4.4.2 If you want to use your external SD Card!!!!!

For those who have updated to 4.4.2 have you seen all the posts on the internet about it now blocking moving apps and media to your external SD. It's a permissions issue in 4.4.2. Got me on my SGS4. My backup app won't run, tried creating folders with ES File Explorer etc. It's a known feature of 4.4.2 and defeats phone functionality.

ATT I WANT MY PHONE FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably going to have to wait for a new 4.4.2 exploit and root my phone and change the permissions which I have been trying to avoid.

So other that "LITTLE" issue 4.4.2 is great!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, stupid Google set this ridiculous restriction, ostensibly as a security "feature" (there are far better ways to do this), but really to try to force customers to buy into their subscription cloud service. This is utterly reprehensible!!

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

In the meantime, Google partners (e.g., AT&T) can modify this stupid restriction for their customers. Please, AT&T, be a hero in this situation and issue an OS update to remove this colossal inconvenience. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

I walked into my local AT&T store last night.. it is located in a large mall so always busy. Everyone in the store was cursing AT&T for pushing KK 4.4.2 on them. You should have seen how angry everyone was getting. I thought i was on the Jerry Springer show. 4.4.2 will absolutely ruin your perfectly good running JB 4.2.2 phone. AT&T SHOULD put a complete hold on this update immediately. I have asked several times how can i turn off the auromatic update and yet not one AT&T rep has replied.

The T-Mobile G Flex has an on/off setting for auto updates. The AT&T version does not. AT&T needs to stop this update and send out a quick patch to allow for turning the auto updates off. Problem solved.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

you cant turn off updates to the phones on att.  you can disable the update service in the apps setting.  This will stop the service that is running the updates.   I bet most of those people compaining had samsung devices to.  Samsung and LG are bad when it comes to updates.  I like my s5 but I like my m8 and Nexus 5 better.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I tried that. Pressing Settings, General, Apps, All, Scroll down to Software Update, Clear Cache, Force Stop... but the service automatically restarts itself? And I have to wonder if it makes a check upon restarting every time. It may even be checking for updates even more. TG my wifi is off.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

is disable grayed out?

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

10 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

is disable grayed out?

Correct, the "turn off" button for "AT&T Sotware Update" is grayed out.  When you force the process to stop it will restart after a few minutes on it's own.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

The only thing that appears to stop the system updates is to just keep wifi Off.

As i noted many times, the T-Mobile counterparts have additional options under the Software Update menu. One is Automatic Software Updates on/off and the other is Software Update only on wifi on/off.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

LOL this is a samsung problem then.  I can disable the htc update service that pushes updates to the phone. 

As for Tmobile if you like there features switch because I can tell you ATT does not care just like verizion about what the customer wants.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.