For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jonpuc1's profile

Explorer

• 

15 Messages

Friday, June 28th, 2013 10:46 PM

Does AT&T even check these boards

Theres 3 or 4 topics on the Galaxy S3 not getting the 4.1.2 Android update, but I have yet to see an actual AT&T rep answer any of them yeah there the little blue post from the Mods but nothing from an "Actual" paid employee. U ask a rep on the phone or in chat or even in the store and u get the same response of "we are working on it and will release it when we are done" how hard is it to release an update that every other carrier in the US has released to their Variants even US Celluar and T-mobile have released it and they use the same darn phone we do. Filing a BBB complaint does nothing but get us a call from a person from the office of the president who tells u the same darn thing we already know because we have heard from every rep and tech we talk to. If AT&T can make this update work with the galaxy s2 and other outdated phones then by God they can figure this out for our phone. Heck even hackers who spend a few hrs a day playing with software have released roms all the way up 4.2.3 for the phone. This is getting ridiculous I get trying to sell the new Galaxy S4 but throw a dog a bone and at least tell us that this phone is no longer supported or that we are getting the update soon instead of the canned response of we are working with Samsung to get it to work when Samsung tells us the ball is ur court and for the love of that is holy get ur stories straight for once.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

You may want to buy Google Nexus phones from now on. You will receive timely updates direct from Google.

Former Employee

• 

82 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Jon!

We try to be as active as possible, and help whenever we can.

What seems to be your issue?

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 4.1.2 UPDATE!!

Former Employee

• 

82 Messages

11 years ago

Samsung is the one who sends out the OTA update after its been fully tested and completed.

To my knowledge, it's still in BETA and has not been offical as of yet.

Read here for more information. To my knowledge, AT&T will have it released once Samsung has rolled it out, by the end of 2013 according to the article.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

I asked for the 4.1.2 your article is for 4.2.2 two different updates.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

And this is an at&t phone so at&t does the ota not Samsung.. If it was Samsung that did them we wouldn't be asking for it..

Former Employee

• 

82 Messages

11 years ago

I stand corrected.

My article is for 4.2.2. It states its coming between July 1-End of Year.

I would imagine 4.1.2 should already be out then.

With 4.2.2 around the corner, I would just wait for that. Great things come to those who wait!

Adventurer

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@JoshuaMiller wrote:

I stand corrected.

My article is for 4.2.2. It states its coming between July 1-End of Year.

I would imagine 4.1.2 should already be out then.

With 4.2.2 around the corner, I would just wait for that. Great things come to those who wait!

4.1.2 has been released for every other major carrier and some not so major carriers.  I guess #ItsNotComplicated for everyone else.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Josh, 4.1.2 has been out for awhile now. Several other older devices have gotten the update, including an android camera. The S3 though is still without.

Your customers have been waiting for this update for quite sometime, and are getting very upset. This link shows just that. Also, go to to 4th post on that page for a time line of just how long we've been waiting.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Android-4-1-2-Jelly-Bean-Update-For-AT-amp-T-Galaxy-S3-Premium/td-p/3398799/page/12

I don't think many would be nearly as upset if it wasn't for the fact that the update fixes several serious issues with the S3.

Instead we get canned responses and general silence.

Explorer

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Do you guys even know what other companies are doing I mean every competitor AT&T has from Verison all the way down to US Celluar has rolled out 4.1.2. # of the carriers use the same exact phone we have and have gotten the update out to their custumers but yet AT&T sticks with the story of we are still testing it. No AT&T is trying to ramp up sales of the Galaxy S4 since it is the new "Flagship" phone. This update isnt hard to release just type in galaxy s3 4.1.2 and u will see that every major and not so major carrier has released this update. My point Im trying to make is we are getting tired of the same canned responses of "we are working on it", "we are waiting for Samsung to send it to us" when Samsung has sent it to u guys almost a year ago, and the best response I have gotten is "this update is still in testing because it wont work with some of our programs preloaded on the phone" so heres a suggestion get rid of AT&T Navigator since we already have Google Maps and Navigator, Yellow Pages is ok I use it but its free, the others u have i hide from even showing up. AT&T wants to charge me all these new fees but cant even tell me when my phone I got in November is getting an update that the Galaxy S2, The Galaxy S3 mini, The Note, The Pantech Flex which is pretty bottom shelf has recieved. So please tell me why hasn't my almost brand new phone gotten the update (plz give me a brand new answer not ur normal canned response)? Ive been with AT&T since 2007 and its sad that I have highly thought of switching carriers. Heck theres a guy in one of the other threads who said he complained enough u guys gave him a Galaxy S4 because someone he talked too finally admitted u guys have dropped the ball with this update and support for this phone in general.

So in case ur still wondering what my question is I want to know why this update hasnt come to our phones and are we even going to see it? My other question is was answered when u answered my post I guess u guys do check the boards. So that means AT&T knows their customers with the Galaxy S3 are unhappy and just doesnt care enough to do anything as long as we continue to pay. Maybe just maybe the people that have complained to FCC about AT&T refusing an update on a phone will do some good. I complaint to the BBB didnt change anything but I did get a $10 credit for my bill.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.