The Samsung Galaxy S24
Robby.k5451's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 3:21 PM

Disable Pre-Installed apps

This has always been an issue, all the pre-installed apps that all wireless companies put on their phones. Until now I have always, disabled the one's I could and dealt with the other's until I felt comfortable enough to root, then FREEDOM. Until now, and this phone (as much as I like it), has extremely too many that can't be disabled. This is ridiculas, I understand there are apps to make this company unique, and apps that are advertisments, I get that, and even though I wish there were none at all, I can live with a few, that's just how business works these days. But this goes beyond what is acceptable. 

Is there anyway to disable, these apps that are on the surface not disable-able? Is there no way to turn some of this off. There is the push-to-talk, I don't use that, there is the Family Map, I don't use that, At&t Live, I HATE that, there is mobile locate, I don't use that, 

Here's a really dumb one, AT&T Ready2Go, this should be a one time use thing, it should automatically disable it's self. Beats Music (I'm a 42 y/o man, I don't do music), the "Live Wallpapers", I don't use them, they use too much battery, the VIRUS, AD-WARE, SPY-WARE Browser Bar.

PLEASE HELP ME, if nothing else it's the principal of the thing, as much as I have paid for the phone I should be able to turn off what I don't want. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Hockeymom67

Google is your friend

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1115855/

You can remove it

(edited)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

did you ever get an answer? Customers can't uninstall some AT&T pre-installed-apps BUT you can DISABLE some of 'em 〔including the app you asked about, above〕

some AT&T apps only usable for yearly contract subscribers and AT&T U-verse customers

rendering them "bloat ware" for month-by-month type customers

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@PenSolar   The thread is 2 years old.   

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Its gross that AT&T has so little regard for their customers. I don't install these junk apps because I don't trust them. ATT installs and reinstalls them at least once a week.

I've been with t-mobile and Verizon but AT&T is the first that hhas the audacity to keep reinstalling them after I delete them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.