For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jonny671's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 8:17 PM

device unlock

I bought a phone online and it is currently locked to at&t. I stay on Guam and we don't use the carrier here. Is it possible to get the phone unlocked

Associated Member

• 

111 Messages

7 years ago

Hi jonny671,

device unlock

[ New ]

I bought a phone online and it is currently locked to at&t. I stay on Guam and we don't use the carrier here. Is it possible to get the phone unlocked

STEP-BY-STEP
Request a device unlock

If you have a myAT&T account, you can verify your device is eligible before you submit a request to unlock your device. Visit verify device unlock eligibility to learn how.

If you don’t have or are unable to log in to your myAT&T account, follow the steps below to submit a request to unlock your device.
Main steps
To unlock your AT&T phone or tablet to work on another wireless carrier’s network:
  1. Go to att.com/deviceunlock (page best viewed from a desktop or tablet).
  2. Read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock your device.
  3. Complete and submit the form.
  4. You'll receive a confirmation email with your unlock request number.
  5. Select the link in the email within 24 hours of receipt to confirm your unlock request.
  6. AT&T will respond within two business days.
  7. If your request is approved, AT&T emails the unlock code and instructions to unlock your device to you.
  8. The unlock code is located near the top of the approval email.
  9. Follow the instructions in the email to unlock your device.
  10. iPhone doesn’t use an unlock code. After receiving the email approving your unlock request, remove the AT&T SIM card and insert the new carrier SIM to begin set up.
Additional steps
To determine the status of your request or resend the instructions to unlock your device:
  1. Visit Check Your Unlock Status.
  2. Enter the IMEI number (dial *#06# to get your device IMEI).
  3. Enter the Request number.

Hope this help.

Regards,

ELroy

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

What if we did all that, and status comes up with "Balance Still on Device", yet there isn't any and confirmed with AT&T accounting?  So what now, why can't I just call in and get tech support to unlock this when the system isn't correct and like the original poster I'm on Guam and we have no AT&T Store.  They keep transferring me to their outsourced services in the Philippines .  No offense, but they have nothing to help me and I again have to call or wait sometimes hours on my phone to get someone from the US Mainland that I purchased the device.  If you understand my frustration, 6 times I called and 6 times they redirected me to the Philippines Call Center and guess what...?  6 times they couldn't help because they don't have access to my account or information if it's closed.   HELP PLEASE!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

If the response you get from the portal is that the phone is not paid off, there's nothing you can do AT&T will not unlock it. Either the phone itself was not paid off, there is a two-year contract that was not completed, or whoever had the phone did not pay off their account and it went to collections. This means AT&T does not have to unlock the phone. 

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yah, thank you for that.  I do know all of that, but it's my son's personal phone on my account I pay for when we where living in Hawaii.  So I ended the 2 phones and kept his active.  He's no longer using it since he's not attending college in Chicago.  Trust me everything is paid off and in good standing.

Well guess what I finally got some good news, was on the phone while typing this and the reason was that an account was opened with the old number so they took the IMEI and we all good now........got the CODE!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.