Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Gmatandt's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, March 10th, 2018 6:04 AM

Device Unlock Request Denied

Hi, I am an AT&T customer since 2012 with the formerly Go Phone and now the Pre Paid phone. Since then, I have the same line, always active, with automatic payments. Now I am traveling abroad and I've made an online request to unlock my phone, so I can use different carriers, since the Go Phone is not active outside the US territory. Unfortunately, I got Denied, with the explanation that my service is not active with AT&T for at least 6 months.

After spending about an hour on the phone with the support team Rep that confirm my eligibility she even created a case for the back office to be approved and also asks me to submit the request again and I was rejected one more time

So, being a customer since 2012, I can't understand what's going on. I am flying outside US next week and having a hard time, with no phone, always depending on random WI-Fi's to be able to connect.

I tried sending a message through Facebook, but had no response. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Thank you,

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

Unfortunately only AT&T can help you with that. You could try sending the unlock request again to see if the back office has made the changes or you can call CS again and see if there's anything they can do to help. What model phone is it, by the way?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,

I did call them again and did try to submit another request as an AT&T customers and as non AT&T customers as the support Rep suggested.

I was rejected as a customer after 2 min ! No reply as non customer yet.

As a Pre Paid customer I cannt use the chat service and the reps who pick up cannot do anything to assist as its not in their power even that they confirm eligibility. 

The phone is Samsung J327A.

I really need someone to assist here as I do know that some employees are on this forum I just can'

PM them directly.

Thx in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

So looking at the specs of the J327A it seems that the only service you will get outside of North America is 2G. So pretty much voice & text only — just so you know. As for sending PM to AT&T support personnel on the forums, let's see if I can attract their attention.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,

I hope that you will atract their attention as I cannot figure any other way.

Talk to them again but they are not even trying to resolve it.

I have seen some other similar posts where the AT&T employees/moderators solve the same issue.

Thank you

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Hello again,

So far no reply or solution to the problem.

Please assist as I am flying in less than 48 hours.

Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

Sadly it doesn't seem like AT&T really cares about their prepaid customers 😞 If you're planning on staying abroad a significant time I suggest you buy an inexpensive unlocked phone there and keep it as your travel phone. You will also get a much better signal than with your current AT&T phone.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Greetings. Could you please help me unlock my phone. I tried to unlock it via the "Device unlock portal" but got refused
"We can not unlock this device because it has not been activated for at least six months.
You can submit a new request after six months of paid service. "
I got the iphone 4 phone as a gift, now I'm not in the US territory, what actions should I take to unlock my phone?
Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.