Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Metro44060's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 1:10 AM

Closed

Denied device unlock code for paid off device. Bankruptcy

I have been a long-time customer of AT&T unfortunately one of my accounts was canceled due to a system error and I had to start all over again. When that error occurred they put my device back on my account with my remaining payments. I have since filed bankruptcy and the Bankruptcy Dept caught a $480.00 error and credited my account  My equipment has a 440.00 balance on it   the credit should have been applied towards my device paying it off so I can close my AT&T account I have been misled to so many departments I have been told the regular customer service people cant help me. This is just extremely shameful. Bankruptcy is bankruptcy you truthfully have no right to secure your device after the federal government has declared my debt null and void. At this point after all this trouble you can leave the account credit on there but I want to be provided with a lock code to my device so I can move on to another carrier I've had numerous rate plan problems one 1 which still has an open case... (overcharging me for 3 months) if you can get my rate plan down to $90 a month I will stay that is the offer from the competition! 

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.