The Samsung Galaxy S24
cerberus108's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 14th, 2017 3:02 AM

Data speed limited at 3G speed, even though my device is a smartphone (Galaxy S8+)

My internet speed seems to be capped at 3G, even though it is a smartphone (Galaxy S8+). The AT&T personnel told me that after a while, the SIM card will pick up on the higher speed network automatically, but that hasn't happened yet and it's almost been 2 weeks.

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Good Morning @cerberus108

When you get a new phone, the expectation is for it work the way you would like it to.  Did you change phones in the middle of your cycle?  If you changed phones in the beginning of your billing cycle, the speed of your phone should be higher.  I am going to make a suggestion for you to try.

On att.com, we have our fantastic Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool which is designed to be specific to your phone.  All you have to do is key in the make and model of the phone and follow the step-by-step instructions.  Please click on the hyperlink above.   

I hope this helps.  If you have any other questions, please reach out to us on our Community Forums.

Donna V, AT&T Community Forums

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@cerberus108

It would help to know what plan you are on, what phone you used before, and if you were using a new SIM card, or moved it from an old phone.  

Have you used all your full speed data on a prepaid or Mobile Share advantage plan?

Have you run a speed test?   What actual speed are you getting?

The unlimited Choice plan is limited to 3 Mbps, which can seem slow if you are streaming video.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.