Uniquely for you. Order the new Google Pixel 6, now!
t4exanadu's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Nov 8, 2014 2:46 AM

Can't update Samsung Galaxy S4

I am running the stock 4.2.2 ROM. I have never been able to update, either OTA or otherwise. The update downloads, the phone reboots, and there's an installation progress bar. It gets to about 25% and the phone spontaneously reboots, displaying a message that the update could not be completed. I tried updating via Kies on my Windows computer, but Kies claims that my phone is running the latest firmware, when it's clearly not.

In the past, I had an AT&T representative attempt to push the update to my phone, and they were unsuccessful. What can I do? I would like to update my phone, but I'm running out of options. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

I had the same issue with my S5. Would reach 25% and then reboot and it said update interrupted. I live a mile from Best Buy. I went in there and talked with a Samsung Experience consultant. He had to flash my phone. Afterwards was able to update. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

I woke up this morning to find an update pushed to my phone. I'm assuming an AT&T employee saw my post and pushed the update to my phone. Unfortunately, the same thing happened as before, the update got to 25% and then failed.

Is there a way to download a .bin or some kind of firmware flash file and manually flash my device? There has to be some alternative to updating via OTA or Kies. 

In reply to the other poster: there are no Best Buys close to me, as I live in a somewhat rural area. I'd like to exhaust my other options before I take the 30 minute drive to Best Buy. 

It's getting to the point where I'm probaby better off downloading a custom ROM such as CM. But, I'd rather just get the official AT&T update.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.