Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Toohawkward's profile

• 

4 Messages

Friday, June 24th, 2022 8:31 PM

Can't unlock refurbished phone because its on another AT&T account

A month ago purchased a refurbished AT&T google pixel 6. The phone works fine in all but one regard, it can't make outgoing calls. It can:

-send SMS 

-receive SMS

-receive calls
- access data/internet

I have had a terrible experience with AT&T trying to resolve this issue for the last month, at this point, I have no choice other than to unlock the phone and take my business elsewhere. I have tried to unlock the phone but I keep receiving messages that the phone is either not paid off or still listed on another account.  I paid for this phone upfront and can provide proof of purchase and I checked to make sure the phone was not blacklisted before making my purchase. 

How do I update the two IMEI numbers associated with the phone or get the phone removed from the other person's account? 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

you had to have purchased it 3rd party at at&t doesnt sell refurbished phones and you werent the original purchaser, therfore at&t does not need to unlock your phone since it wasnt paid off and still associated with the original purchasers account. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

also the issue your speaking of is inherent of a phone that is no longer supported on the at&t network

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.