Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
K

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Dec 1, 2021 6:33 PM

Can I Keep Using Samsung 8+ after the 3G switch?

My wife and I have two Samsung 8+ phones, and received a notice that they are planning to shut off our phones for the 3G network shutdown. Our phones should work on the new network, and we are not interested in using the free phones sent by AT&T. How do we ensure that we can still use our Samsung 8+ phones, and that they are not deactivated automatically within the 30 days of receiving the free phones?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

8分前

The SM-G955U1 is not on AT&T's supported lists.

AT&T's model is the SM-G955U.  The unlocked S9+ that AT&T supports is the SM-G955U.  The U1 is a variant that is not being supported.  The links will take you to AT&T's documents so you can see for yourself.  The * after the model number in AT&T's list indicates a footnote telling you that you need a software upgrade, not a wildcard.

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

8分前

First off you need to post the model number of the phones.  Att is only allowing a select few s8+ models and the model numbers have to match EXACTLY.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

• 

2 Messages

8分前

It looks as though the model number on mine is SM-G955U1. My wife's should be the exact same. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

8分前

if they sent you free phones then your current phones most certainly will not work after the shut down or possibly sooner, 3g in my area was completely shut down almost a year ago

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

8分前

@JefferMC 

The U1 is the US unlocked version of the s series.  That is not a overseas version.  Those are usually F series and K series.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

8分前

Thanks GLIMMERMAN76! Corrected.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

8分前

Okay, Lynn, so where do you see that model on the chart?  Why would AT&T offer to send a new phone?

I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is on you here.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.