The Samsung Galaxy S24
KittySmurf's profile

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 12:59 AM

Call-Blocker? Yes Please! :D

I have had a few people ask me how they can block unwelcome numbers and private/blocked numbers from calling their cell phones. I have a great solution! This is especially good if you have a problem blocking unwated private/blocked calls.

Go to your Android Marketplace, and download an app called Mr. Number. I have had a blocked number that keeps calling my phone and there is always either dead air or some kind of hold music (which usually indicates a telemarketer of some kind in my experiences). I've downloaded this app, and set it to block any private/blocked calls. It gave me the option to send the call to voicemail, or to have my phone answer and immediately hang up. I chose the pick up/hang up option, and it works FANTASTIC!!

Anyone else have any awesome Android app finds that they'd like to share? Please post them here! :smileyvery-happy:

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

@KittySmurf wrote:

I have had a few people ask me how they can block unwelcome numbers and private/blocked numbers from calling their cell phones. I have a great solution! This is especially good if you have a problem blocking unwated private/blocked calls.

Go to your Android Marketplace, and download an app called Mr. Number. I have had a blocked number that keeps calling my phone and there is always either dead air or some kind of hold music (which usually indicates a telemarketer of some kind in my experiences). I've downloaded this app, and set it to block any private/blocked calls. It gave me the option to send the call to voicemail, or to have my phone answer and immediately hang up. I chose the pick up/hang up option, and it works FANTASTIC!!

Anyone else have any awesome Android app finds that they'd like to share? Please post them here! :smileyvery-happy:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Community-Discussion/ANDROID-Which-Apps-Do-You-Have/td-p/2724469

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks much! Shows what happens when I don't actually LOOK haha! xD

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

13 years ago

Wish I could get that for my home phone. (regular land line). I come home to several messages a day of "If you'd make a call, please hang up and dial again...etc" it's so irritating; they called me - I didn't call them.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Tried it, liked it

Key Ring - scan your rewards cards into your phone so you don't have to carry all 5000 of them with you.

Tried it, liked it but it conflicts badly with the S3

Call Control - Excellent little software package that includes thousands of telemarketer numbers that it will automatically block. Downside is that it causes S3 to have amnesia so my Contacts go bye-bye. No permanent damage. Just uninstall Call Control and reboot. Life returns to normal.

Tried it, don't like it.

Juice Defender - Great in concept because it automatically shuts off background apps that aren't being used, but it did nothing to help my battery life. Instead, go into task manager pressing and holding the home button and clear the memory in RAM. This works well, but I hate that I have to manually manage my battery usage. :^(

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.