Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Jsnle's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 18th, 2023 10:16 AM

ATT unable/unwilling to unlock eligible device

Hi I have moto G pure phone that att is not able to unlock and customer service is unable to help any further and has denied my unlock request and since decided to have me call Motorola myself to waste time asking them for help when they just refer me back to ATT. My phone DOES meet all requirements for unlock but due to a mistake by ATT the unlock app on my phone is incorrectly counting the total number of active months of paid service this phone has been on the network. It's had continuous paid service without gaps for longer than is required and customer service confirms it's eligible. Anyway am I just burnt and nobody can do anything or what. This has already been a huge hassle and inconvenience just to get something that ATT stated was their policy and I jumped through all necessary hoops only to be told they are unable to do it. Even though they agreed I was correct. Weird. So nobody there can click the button to unlock my phone. Can someone with common sense please read this and do something. I refuse to believe a company such as ATT does not have the capability to help me. 

(Edited as per community guidelines) is my imei

Former Moderator

• 

260 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Jsnle,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like, Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines http://sm.att.com/b9b8aa02 your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 year ago

I find a little odd that AT&T is confirming the phone is eligible and yet refuses to unlock it. You can file an FCC complaint online. It's a short form. The complaint is forwarded back to AT&T upper management and someone will contact you. If they confirm the phone is eligible, they will make every attempt to provide an unlock code for you.

Here's the problem:

The unlock codes are provided by the manufacturer and there's a single unlock code to match every IMEI. I don't know about your particular model but I know the Motorola one ace came with incorrect unlock codes for hundreds of phones.  If Motorola continues this trend you could be caught up in yet another Motorola boondoggle for which AT&T will try, but may not succeed, in helping you. 

One of the best phones I ever had was a Motorola pure Edition 2015. Unfortunately the sell out to Lenovo has been a disaster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I had the same issue. Did the unlock request on the website twice and it told me my device wasn't paid off. I knew better so I waited about a week and tried again and received the unlock code 10 minutes later.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.