Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The Samsung Galaxy S23
BeSkepticalOfAll's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Friday, October 19th, 2012 8:40 PM

AT&T Smart WiFi may end up costing you plenty

On the Atrix HD--and perhaps on other Android 4.0 devices as well--AT&T Smart WiFi repeatedly crashes, erasing hotspot definitions and leaving WiFi turned off.  This has happened to me a number of times.  Finally, when this loss of WiFi caused me to use up 1GB of  cellular data (watching a baseball game on At Bat 12), I force-stopped AT&T Smart WiFi, uninstalled all its updates, and then disabled it.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

I had to disable the app also.  I noticed it used about 800mb of data last month.  why?  Also was killing my battery overnight it appears.  I'm still having issues with my Note 2 related to 4.3 update.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Of the 8.5 gigs I used during my first month with my new Galaxy Note 3 6.5 gigs were used by smart wifi!!!!!

A techy would ask why is an application that is supposed to save you data by making sure your connected to wifi use ANY data.

The att support guy would ask if I want to upgrade my data plan because I am close to my 10 gig limit.

The optimist would apply for a job at att Mobil labs and negotiate a bonus for each customer that bought extra data because they used his smart wifi app.

A att rep would ask if he could forward you to the back desk support where it rings and rings but noone picks up.

The parent would ask why his teen used up so much data and ground the kid.

The teen would ask why he was being grounded because he Really didn't use all that data.

The dog would ask if you want to throw the ball again.

This ridiculous att smart wifi app is causing lots of people ( and 1 dog) to ask Lota of questions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

February 5, 2018.  ATT smart wifi was using more data than any other app. on my Android.  Putting me close to my 2G data limit which has never happened before, I would have gone over if I did not have data usage notification.  I disabled it.  GEE WIZ-can't use WTHeck?  What is this app anyway? Is it just a way for AT&T to make money and dis it's customers?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.