For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
BigBoyBig1974's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 11:29 AM

AT&T micro SIM card not detected in SIM tray one of Honor 5x

Hi.

I have a Huawei Honor 5x and wanted to use my ATT work SIM as well as my T-Mobile personal SIM in the phone.

When I switch to SIM tray 1 as the default SIM card, everything works as expected (signal bars, data connection icon and APN detection).

However, when I switch over to my T-Mobile SIM and everything boots up, my ATT SIM in tray one has no signal bars, all greyed out, has an X going thru it and it goes into emergency calls only mode. Yet, it still shows the number under "Dual SIM Management" settings.

Does my ATT micro SIM have to be provisioned thru that carrier in order to work on this device?

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thus the purpose of having dual SIM functionality from one device.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

I suspect one sim slot is 2G only.   ATT shut down their 2G network, so you would not get signal with that sim slot and ATT sim.    T mobile is expecting to shut their 2G network next year.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you very much. That is very helpful advice!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So how did you get the workaround for this? Im having the same issue with Honor 6x. At&t as a 2G slot has no service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.