AT&T Forum Help: No Signal & No Service – Restore Service On Your Android
Resolve Text Messaging, Call, and Picture Messaging Issues
Restarting your device can resolve issues like:
- Texts not sending
- Not getting pictures
- No signal or no service - search for network
- LTE connection issues (Internet)
- Dropped Calls
- iPhone messages not going to Android
To restart your device, just turn it off and back on. Have an Apple device? Visit our Apple Text & Call article.
More Solutions to Try
Toggle Airplane Mode
Most devices have the option to place your device in airplane mode. Airplane mode while designed to power down while in the air, can help sync your phone or device to the nearest tower.
Reset the network
- From the home screen, tap the settings icon.
- Scroll down and select General.
- From the general screen, scroll down and select reset.
- You will be taken to the reset screen. Select Reset Network Settings. Resetting the network deletes saved Wi-Fi Networks.
Note: For specific instructions on how to reset your device, visit our Device How-To.Select your device's brand or model > Your Device > Tutorials > Troubleshooting > Reset Device
Apple vs Android Messaging
When iMessage is in use, it may prevent Andriod users from receiving the message. This is because iMessage uses servers that do not communicate with AT&T. Try turning off iMessage and test.
Clear cache to text message
Go to Setting >Tap on Apps > Select Messages app > Tap Storage > Select Clear Cache.
Troubleshooting The Sim Card
Removing the SIM and placing back into the phone.
- Turn off the device
- Remove the SIM card (Use the SIM Removal Tool that came with the phone)
- Clean it with a soft cloth
- Place the SIM back into the phone.
- Power it on and test.
If you see dirt or dust in the SIM Slot, we recommend using a product like Air Duster to remove it.
If the SIM looked damaged, chat with our teams to order a replacement.
Things To Know & Links To Bookmark
- Causes of weak signals - Learn why you may be experiencing drops at home, in your office, or on the way home.
- Mobile Solution Center - Solutions and troubleshooting.
- Fix other calling issues - Video Call, Wi-Fi Calling, NumberSync & Microcell issues
If the steps above do not work, try our Wireless Support page! Our Device How-To also has a lot of great information! If service is still down after performing the above, we may need to perform a back-end fix, chat with us to get this done.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService