The Samsung Galaxy S24
J

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 30th, 2020 5:01 PM

AT&T Customer Service

My son and daughter-in-law recently took advantage of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5G Ultra promotion.   They received their new phones in the mail and sent their old phones back using the supplied mailers and address labels.  One phone was received by the Trade-in department and is being processed but the other phone was received by a different department and we are told it will not be processed as part of the promotion.  The promotion credits $33 back to the account each month so that the phone will only cost $10.  My son's phone will not get the credit so he will have to pay the full $43 a month.  The phones that were returned were both iphones and both were in working order and should be eligible for the promotion.  After countless hours on the phone with AT&T customer service staff and supervisors, it appears that no one can go in and correct the mistake.  This was AT&Ts mistake because we used your mailers and labels to return the phones so why should we be penalized?  We have been loyal customers since you were Cingular wireless and we have also been DIrectTV customers for over 20 years.  Is there someone at AT&T who will take responsibility for this mistake and fix it in a timely manner or are you willing to lose me as a customer?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

After reading through other posts on this forum of people with similar issues as myself, I realize that the only hope of getting my issue resolved was to open a formal complaint with the BBB.  I submitted a formal complaint on the BBB AT&T complaint page yesterday.  I will report back and let you know what happens.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

As mentioned previously I opened a complaint with the BBB on their AT&T complaint page on 12/1.  On 12/2 I received a phone call from the Office of the President of AT&T and they reported they had looked into my complaint and were going to honor the trade in and start crediting my account but it could take up to 2 billing cycles to hit my account.  I am now satisfied that this will be taken care of.  This was certainly the way to go to get their attention.  I recommend anyone with an issue that AT&T doesn't seem willing to rectify should open a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on the AT&T complaint page that seems to get their attention.  Good Luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.