Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, May 8, 2019 12:25 AM

AT&T continually claim I did not confirm my unlock request within 24 hrs.

I have made several requests through AT&T's website to have my S6 Active unlocked, which was paid for in full several years ago.

Unlike other threads/posts where people claim they don't get their confirmation email, I believe I have received the confirmation email several times, and each time I click the confirm link within the email.

I get another window confirming my request with instructions to check the status after a couple of days. If I check it within the two days, it says the request is being processed.

Then, after the second business day, I get an email claiming that I did not confirm my request, therefor I have to submit another request.  This is a flat out lie because I have screen shots showing the 

window that pops up after I confirm my request. 

AT&T needs to address this to my satisfaction *****

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.1K Messages

a year ago

AT&T has confirmed that there is a problem with the unlock portal. Others have been advised to submit another  unlock request. IF that doesn't work, file an FCC complaint and someone from AT&T will contact you.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

a year ago

I second @kdfederer  recommendation.  This is going on 2 or 3 weeks, At&t is aware, and hasn’t fixed it. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I've submitted 2 requests this week with the same results. Would I have better luck going into an ATT store?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

a year ago

@mapitman wrote:

I've submitted 2 requests this week with the same results. Would I have better luck going into an ATT store?

No.  AT&T stores cannot unlock phones and cannot help.   Call support and ask for tech support. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question