The Samsung Galaxy S24
Manasponge's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 6:51 PM

ATT Android Update for HTC One (M8)

I have attempted twice download and install the newest update for the HTC One M8 from ATT, and both time the installation has failed.  Is there a known issue with this update, or is this a problem specific to my phone?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I was just told by JR from AT&T that the current release for the HTC one M8 is not Marshmallow. The most current release is 5.0.2.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

The new release is most certainly Marshmallow (6.0). BTW, after factory resetting my phone and successfully installing the AT&T update, I decided to unlock the boot loader and install a custom recovery and ROM. Now I'm running 6.0.1 instead of 6.0 and no AT&T bloatware. If you factory reset you might consider this route since you'll have set up the phone again anyway.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I wish someone from AT&T would chime in here. I still have not seen the download. This is what the tech told me yesterday 5/14/2016.

hk381p : We have it for the LG, Samsung devices and its coming soon for the HTC and the Motorola devices.

Tim : I was told it was on the 12th. And my phone did update but did not install due to the phone memory being full

hk381p : We released this update on the 12th Android Version: 5.0.2
Software Version: 4.28.502.8
Baseband Version: 4.0.U605761@60113A_40.56.C33074.00_F
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-g324264eand@AABM #1 SMP PREEMPT
Build Number: 4.28.502.8 CL511189 release-keys
File Size: 77MB.

hk381p : But I can tell you the Marshmallow is coming very soon.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

That rep doesn't know what they are talking about. Here's Mo Versi's tweet stating it's Marshmallow released on the 12th.

https://twitter.com/moversi/status/730463993400156160

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Finally got mine updated this morning.  Tried a few times over the weekend with no updates available messages.  Tried this morning around 8am EST, told me there was an update.  Downloaded the 1GB file and updated without a hitch, makes me think there was some issue with sending the OTA updates or took the file down for it to all of a sudden re-present itself this morning.

Brings my phone to Android 6.0

HTC Sense 7.0

Software 6.20.502.5

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Were you clearing data on the Htcdm app to get that 24h counter to go away?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Checked for an update a minute ago and it is now downloading, fingers crossed it works this time. If you are like me and kept setting the date forward to check for the update just clear htcdm apps' data (there are two for me)

Edit: after taking all day to DL for whatever reason; it failed again

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I don't know about that space thing. I have over 10gb available, and my wife has over 18! Still fails on both phones...

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Apparently it's a known issue currently. Call up tech support and they will
submit a case to have it rectified 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@David606 wrote:
Apparently it's a known issue currently. Call up tech support and they will
submit a case to have it rectified 🙂

@David606

yeah so much for testing and more testing right?  There is no excuse for a bug like this one!  This is the reason ATT needs to get a beta testing community going.  Power users sign a NDA and get updates to test.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.