For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
singleview's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, July 17th, 2016 10:27 PM

"AT&T Address Book" constantly shows "Sync in Progress"

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on AT&T. 

The "AT&T Address Book" constantly shows "Sync in Progress". This eats up my batery life, and I am unable to stop the sync. Do I need the "AT&T Address Book"? Is there a way for me to delete this application? I cannot seem to figure it out! HELP!! 

My wife has the same phone on Verizon and does not have the problem. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

" Application notifications" shows up on my Galaxy 5s but there is no "Force Stop" option.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ok Guys & Gals,

This is what i did and so far it has solved my Adressbook Sync Problem...

Disclaimer: I have an S5, i do hope that it will work for every model...

Follow this steps:

Go to Contacts - On the Drop down Menu go to Settings - On settings there's a Call and a Contacts options, click Contacts - On the Contacts options go to Accounts...here is where it gets tricky...

First go to the drop down menu and turn off the auto sync, then Restart your phone...

After Restart do it all over again up to the Go to Accounts, now turn on the auto sync... then quickly click on the AT&T Adressbook and turn off the Auto Sync Contacts, the Restart your phone again..so far it has worked for me and im so happy about it!!!

That way all your accounts will sync without problems...all but the AT&T Adressbook of course!!!

Good Luck!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My solution to this annoying problem. I used an external application to delete all of the pre-install AT&T bloatwear and used Google Contacts to keep up with my contacts. 1 sec, everything syncs, no lingering notications or battery drainage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

It says that the address book is completely optional. Please explain. I thought it was going away?????

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

AT&T really needs to do a software update that deletes the Address Book and the Address Book Sync. If you're not providing this service get rid of the software taking up space on my phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

The service ends on March 31.  Until then it will stay put.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The service ended... but the problems stay. I have a Galaxy Note 4 (N910A) and there are absolutely no possibilities to get rid of, or at least disable the AT&T phone book. It is listed among the accounts in the contacts settings but as i said, no way to edit it, i cannot even stop it from auto-syncing.

The solutions mentioned here by other customers did not work with my phone.

I kindly request help on how to get rid of the address book. It willl not work anyway, as i have no AT&T customer account...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.