Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Apr 28, 2016 8:05 PM

ASUS MEMO Pad 7 LTE OTA updates

I haven't used the tablet in a while and want to upgrade the OS.  I don't remember when I last had it booted up, but it's currently on ATT_11.16.1.35 (KitKat).

I see that I missed the 12.30.2.10 update on Nov 25, 2015, and now it's at ATT_12.30.2.13 on April 25, 2016.  Would I still be able to receive an OTA if I missed the 12.30.2.10 update?  

I've checked the update from the About menu and it's telling me "Current software is up to date" (which is two versions behind now).

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

do you have a active att sim card in it?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, the SIM card is in and still active.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Another week and I only get to check for update once a business day, but it is still stuck on 4.4.4 saying "Current software is up to date".

Any way to do this manually?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Has anyone figured this out?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Nope, still stuck on 4.4.4, it's pretty much a junk tablet at this point.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

@cigar3tte @Berryqueen2004

Call tech support and have them force the update to your phone as they are the only ones that can do it.  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have 3 of these tablets that I want to give as Christmas gifts for my kids.  They don't have active ATT service because I don't want to pay for it while they sit in a box for a few months.  They are currently on 4.4.4, is there any way to get them updated to 5.1 before activating the ATT service?  I can connect them to Wifi just fine.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

@tarajunky wrote:

I have 3 of these tablets that I want to give as Christmas gifts for my kids.  They don't have active ATT service because I don't want to pay for it while they sit in a box for a few months.  They are currently on 4.4.4, is there any way to get them updated to 5.1 before activating the ATT service?  I can connect them to Wifi just fine.

@tarajunky

Nope ATT only updates there devices FOTA(Firmware over the air)...  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Crappy AT&T has removed all updates for the device.  Root them and install a generic ROM is the only way to update the OS.

Get started...

Ask a new question