For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jde215's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 27th, 2018 3:19 PM

App Icon Badge Notification not working after Android 8 Update

Could use some help on this. After the most recent Android update on my S8+ badge notifications on the standard email app no longer worked. Went thru all the menus to ensure that the options were turned on for each email account as well as the master notification were enabled along with the samsung home option. Now when emails come thru the badge shows up with a count of 6 regardless of how many actual new emails there are and notification goes away even when emails are unread. This didn't use to be the case prior to the update. What gives? 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

Clearing the email app's cache may resolve the problem: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077289/  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Gave it a try but the same issue occurs. Sent a test email and the badge shows but again has a 6 digit in the bubble and after not reading the email and exiting the app the badge notification clears although there are unread emails still there. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Gave it a try but the same issue occurs. Sent a test email and the badge shows but again has a 6 digit in the bubble and after not reading the email and exiting the app the badge notification clears although there are unread emails still there.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

You may need to clear the app's data, which would reset it to its original state.  You could first try wiping your S8's cache partition, which will not impact data nor settings, etc.  Wiping the cache partition is something that's always good to do after an update; and doing that is often enough to clear up post-update issues. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Performed the cache clean and still have the same issue. Showing badge notification with incorrect number and goes away when exiting app.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

All I can suggest at this point, short of a factory reset, is to clear the email app's data.   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am having this exact issue, except my magic number is 14 rather than 6; i dont have 14 mew emails. Then when I exit the app, which still has 2 new emails, the number bubble goes away completely. This same issue is also occurring on the primary facebook app as well. Ive gonne through every option to allow these badges to operate and cleared all my caches which did not repair the issue. Funny how immediately after the update was completed, the phone showed me a "new feature" pop up describing the badges amd now they dont work anymore. ATT definitely has bugged this update and need to fix it ASAP...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same issue, except my magic number was/is 42.  After I uninstalled the launcher, It doesn't show any notifications when I get mail.  When I reinstall the launcher, it goes back to 42.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Same issue, my magic number is 7, tried clearing the email apps data with no help and also tried clearing the cache partition with no help. Hopefully this will be corrected by AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Home screen time, date and local temperature not updating now either...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.