For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
J

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 3rd, 2020 5:15 PM

Anyone having issues with Sony Xperia 1 weak to no signal, H+ only?

Brand new Sony Xperia 1

1. Phone getting weak and slow data. Only H+ signal. Never LTE (Yes, LTE is available in my area)

2. Low to NO bars for signal most of the time.

3. Can't make or receive calls and text most of the time.

The phone is unlocked, able to work with GSM LTE network.

The phone worked ok for about a month. After that it started with the signal issues and i don't know why.

Phone has never been dropped or damaged.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

Despite having all of the appropriate bands, Sony is not getting their phones certified for use in the United States, and it's not going to get voice over LTE. I don't know when you activated this phone on AT&T, but they should not have allowed it.
Over the next 12 to 24 months it will no longer get voice calls unless AT&T allows it to use voice over LTE connection. You might want to try the phone on T-Mobile, or check the IMEI on Verizon to see if they will accept it

• 

3 Messages

Thank you for the reply.

Seems like money down the drain at this point. Its very frustrating to know that they will sell you a phone which is not compatible with the service bands.

I even tried using the IMEI of my old Samsung to trick the network. It worked for a little but it eventually went back to the regular IMEI. and it was H+ only again.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

With the sunset of 3g coming, and already moving to repurpose bands, the system is going to be picky, and weed out incompatible phones.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

@Jay417

You bought the phone from sony right? Sony could careless about the US phone market hence the reason no US carrier sells sony phones.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 I bought the phone at Best Buy. It was shown as an unlocked phone capable of working with AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. This was my very first time using a Sony phone. I had no idea these phones didn't work correctly with US carriers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

And is my first reply, try it on Verizon imei checker. They may give you Volte clearance.
AT&T is being a twit about some brands

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem. Wi-Fi works well but the cellular network works TERRIBLY! Usually I have just a 1 bar of signal or non in the central city!!!

What the heck is going on?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.