Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 5:15 PM

Anyone having issues with Sony Xperia 1 weak to no signal, H+ only?

Brand new Sony Xperia 1

1. Phone getting weak and slow data. Only H+ signal. Never LTE (Yes, LTE is available in my area)

2. Low to NO bars for signal most of the time.

3. Can't make or receive calls and text most of the time.

The phone is unlocked, able to work with GSM LTE network.

The phone worked ok for about a month. After that it started with the signal issues and i don't know why.

Phone has never been dropped or damaged.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.7K Messages

2 months ago

Despite having all of the appropriate bands, Sony is not getting their phones certified for use in the United States, and it's not going to get voice over LTE. I don't know when you activated this phone on AT&T, but they should not have allowed it.
Over the next 12 to 24 months it will no longer get voice calls unless AT&T allows it to use voice over LTE connection. You might want to try the phone on T-Mobile, or check the IMEI on Verizon to see if they will accept it

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Thank you for the reply.

Seems like money down the drain at this point. Its very frustrating to know that they will sell you a phone which is not compatible with the service bands.

I even tried using the IMEI of my old Samsung to trick the network. It worked for a little but it eventually went back to the regular IMEI. and it was H+ only again.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.7K Messages

With the sunset of 3g coming, and already moving to repurpose bands, the system is going to be picky, and weed out incompatible phones.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@Jay417

You bought the phone from sony right? Sony could careless about the US phone market hence the reason no US carrier sells sony phones.

• 

3 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 I bought the phone at Best Buy. It was shown as an unlocked phone capable of working with AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. This was my very first time using a Sony phone. I had no idea these phones didn't work correctly with US carriers.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.7K Messages

And is my first reply, try it on Verizon imei checker. They may give you Volte clearance.
AT&T is being a twit about some brands

• 

1 Message

a month ago

I have the same problem. Wi-Fi works well but the cellular network works TERRIBLY! Usually I have just a 1 bar of signal or non in the central city!!!

What the heck is going on?

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

@lizdance40 and @GLIMMERMAN76 have both stressed the pitfalls of purchasing a Sony phone. Yes, it may work, but it won't work well.

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@Lilybell2 on ATT only tho.. If I was these folks ATT would not be my carrier anymore.

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

I agree 100% @GLIMMERMAN76 .

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…