Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
vincekov's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, May 21, 2014 12:13 PM

Android system update Mobile Data icon GONE...hmmmm.

Since I updated (ala ATT said I had too) my mobile data icon vanished. Strange.......or is it? I now have to go to settings, connections, more networks, then turn it on. Meh, that seems like a hastle.....so I guess I'll just leave it on all the time, and HOPE I have my data usage alert is set up right, to remind me when I'm close to my limit so I don't get dinged for extra $$$$....because ATT would just HATE for me to run over my usage limit.......yeah. OHHHH, but when I updated my system (again, ala ATT said so) nothing was reset EXCEPT MY DATA USAGE ALERT.......I caught it, nice try boys. You guys are buying out DirecTV, so as much $$$ you fat cats make you still do these little things to stick it to the little guys? WEAK. And PLEASE, don't try to explain to me or any one else that you got rid of it because of "all the ATT customers turning it on and forgetting to turn it off"....jeezohman....

Responses

redpoint73

Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 y ago

What do you mean by "mobile data icon", you aren't being specific.  Do you mean a notification bar toggle, user installed homescreen widget, etc.?

You haven't even mentioned what device you own.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

More specifically, he is probably referring to the "Mobile Data" notification panel icon. It disappeared from the notification bar after the OS update and is no longer available in the notification panel settings screen.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S4.

redpoint73

Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 y ago

Its impossible to really know what he means.  OP didn't even mention what phone he is talking about.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Don't be a dufus.  It happened to me and I agree 100% with the original post.  It's totally inconvenient to have to turn on Mobile Data now.

We are using the Samsung Galaxy S4 i337.

He is talking about the notification panel and the "Quick Setting Buttons".  The mobile data quick setting button is no longer an option.  It's a scam to leave the mobile data on all the time. 

I did notice that when you now turn on WiFi, mobile data is shut off.  Prior to the recent update (5-21-14 or thereabouts) you could have both running and I could never figure out which one was being used.

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.