The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:18 PM

Android Phones Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

How can I get my phone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Your device is designed to work on the AT&T wireless network, and may require a device unlock to operate on another compatible wireless network.

AT&T can send you unlock instructions upon request, provided that we can reasonably obtain them from the manufacturer and that you meet the requirements below. You should receive a response within two business days.

To unlock your phone, just complete our simple online unlock request form.

Business customers can request an unlock code for a business device Here.

Note: AT&T cannot unlock devices from other wireless carriers.

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests

• The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support )
  • It must not be reported lost or stolen.
  • It’s not associated with fraudulent activity.
  • All the device’s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
  • The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer’s account.
  • If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer’s remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

Postpaid Customers

• Your account must be active for at least 60 days, with no past due or unpaid balance.

Prepaid / GoPhone®

• The device must be active for at least six months of paid service.

Non-AT&T Mobility Customers

• You’ve never had an AT&T wireless account and you meet the General Requirements for unlock requests.

Deployed Military Personnel (Current AT&T Customers Only)

• Current AT&T customers who are active and deployed military personnel, and have provided deployment verification, need to meet all the General Requirements, except those related to the device's service commitments, installment plans and early termination fees.
  • AT&T, at its sole discretion, may limit the number of devices military personnel can unlock.

Important:

AT&T reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud AT&T or its customers. AT&T further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi, I have a 2013 Motorola Moto X locked to AT&T that I've been trying to unlock through the AT&T Unlock portal for weeks. I've tried twice and every time that I do, I wait a week and get an email informing that AT&T is unable to unlock my device because they cannot confirm my identity.

What should I do to fix this? I'm entering in everything the site asks for. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @mario1232000 

Have you had a chance to contact customer care yet? Do you have an account with AT&T? for account specific help, you can send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I am a long time AT&T customer and I just sent customer service a message with my unlock reference number.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My request for my galaxy s7 was approved and code worked initially but they an errror5 message PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM#6 popped up and I haven't had any luck  getting past out. Help? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.